Sign in to follow this  
forzajuve

!alive (empty) and plane loadouts

Hey, I'm having trouble with these things and wanted some help. And before you ask, I did search multiple times but nothing answered these ones. I answer 95% of my questions by searching. :p

First, I've got a mission where 3 teams need to destroy "empty" zsu23s AAs at the top of a mountain with the crews and some other enemies defending. I've got a couple of triggers setup for this. The first is a 'no opfor present' trigger so the teams run back to a 'hold' point about 50-100m from the AA so they don't get blown up in the satchel explosion made by the player. This works fine. Next there is a trigger so that when the AAs are blown the squads run back to the boats to extract. I can't seem to get this trigger to work. I've tried multiple different ways of doing it, by 'none'/'switch' and by grouping AAs etc. Nothing works. atm I just have in condition line:

((!alive unitz1) AND (!alive unitz2) AND (!alive unitz3))

I have a feeling this has something to do with the units being of the 'empty' kind.

Next, I'm having trouble changing the loadout of planes, in particuar the F-35 & A-10.

For the F-35 I want 4 sidewinders and 0 GBUs. I only got it working to where the sidewinders 'reload' and this takes like a minute. Is there anyway to get just 4 normally? I tried using the regular sidewinder launcher from the AH1Z which I think has 4 but it says the 'sidewinderlauncher'.pbo?(can't remember extension exactly) is missing.

With the A-10 I'd like to remove the 2 sidewinders and add 2 more mavericks (or have 4 hellfires if it makes it easier). This one I had 0 luck with besides removing a couple of the weapons individually. Can they be changed visually on the plane or will it just show different in ammo etc? (if you can do this at all).

One final thing, in sidechat is there a way to make it 'dynamic'? So after the player gives coordinates for artillery by clicking the map, it actually says the coordinates in the following sidechat i.e. 'Fire mission coordinates are xxxxxx. Over'

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Having another little problem... Can't start a mission with NV Goggles on. If I do regular start it works but with left shift+preview (i.e. with briefing) the NV Goggles don't come om automatically.

player action ["NVGoggles"]

Edited by ForzaJuve

for one question you have many question :) ;

put on act. :

!(alive unitz1) && !(alive unitz2) && !(alive unitz3);

still not working :(

---------- Post added at 07:14 ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 ----------

another problem lol, for the life of me can't get spawning flying planes to work. they spawn but I think they have no pilot since one flies like 500m in a dive then crashes and the other two just pretty much spawn and drop vertically straight down.

GroupF35B = CreateGroup West;
F35B1 = createVehicle ["F35B", [(getMarkerPos "US") select 0, (getMarkerPos "US") select 1, 100], [], 0, "FLY"];
F35BPilot = F35B1 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
F35BPilot assignAsDriver F35B1;
F35BPilot moveInDriver F35B1;
F35B2 = createVehicle ["F35B", [(getMarkerPos "US") select 0, (getMarkerPos "US") select 1, 100], [], 0, "FLY"];
F35BPilot = F35B2 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
F35BPilot assignAsDriver F35B2;
F35BPilot moveInDriver F35B2;
F35B3 = createVehicle ["F35B", [(getMarkerPos "US") select 0, (getMarkerPos "US") select 1, 100], [], 0, "FLY"];
F35BPilot = F35B3 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
F35BPilot assignAsDriver F35B3;
F35BPilot moveInDriver F35B3;
wp1 = GroupF35B addWaypoint [(getmarkerpos "waypoint1"), 0];
wp1 setWaypointSpeed "NORMAL";
wp1 setWaypointType "MOVE"; 
wp1 setWaypointStatements ["true", "{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew F35B1); deleteVehicle F35B1"; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew F35B2); deleteVehicle F35B2; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew F35B3); deleteVehicle F35B3"];

---------- Post added at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

so many problems lol....

1. AA !alive

2. F35 & A-10 Loadouts

3.' Dynamic' sidechat

4. NV Goggles

5. Spawning plane

Edited by ForzaJuve

size: 0

type: switch

condition:

this && !alive unitz1 && !alive unitz2 && !alive unitz3 

on act:

tskarea1 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";AAobj=true;publicvariable "AAobj"; [] exec "chat1.sqs"; [] exec "f351.sqf";

Is your trigger synchronised with anything? Can you explain your reasons for using switch type?

also

[] exec "f351.sqf"

if it is sqf script you are executing

[] execVM "f351.sqf"

Is your trigger synchronised with anything? Can you explain your reasons for using switch type?

also

[] exec "f351.sqf"

if it is sqf script you are executing

[] execVM "f351.sqf"

It's all there in the first post.

First, I've got a mission where 3 teams need to destroy "empty" zsu23s AAs at the top of a mountain with the crews and some other enemies defending. I've got a couple of triggers setup for this. The first is a 'no opfor present' trigger so the teams run back to a 'hold' point about 50-100m from the AA so they don't get blown up in the satchel explosion made by the player. This works fine. Next there is a trigger so that when the AAs are blown the squads run back to the boats to extract. I can't seem to get this trigger to work. I've tried multiple different ways of doing it, by 'none'/'switch' and by grouping AAs etc. Nothing works. atm I just have in condition line:
((!alive unitz1) AND (!alive unitz2) AND (!alive unitz3))

I have a feeling this has something to do with the units being of the 'empty' kind.

!alive trigger is synched to hold trigger.

also my scripts seem to run fine without that vm. I used [] exec on my chat & arty scripts and they work fine.

Maybe you need to set the size of the trigger area to include AAs? Worked for me. And SQF and SQS are very close so exec might work on sqf file if it does not have sqf specific commands like sleep or waituntil.

Maybe you need to set the size of the trigger area to include AAs? Worked for me. And SQF and SQS are very close so exec might work on sqf file if it does not have sqf specific commands like sleep or waituntil.

still nothing. how did you make it work?

ok I FINALLY got it working......

this worked

!alive z1 && !alive z2 && !alive z3

this did not work

this && !alive z1 && !alive z2 && !alive z3

nor

this !alive unitz1 && !alive unitz2 && !alive unitz3

size: 0

type: switch

condition:

this && !alive unitz1 && !alive unitz2 && !alive unitz3 

on act:

tskarea1 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";AAobj=true;publicvariable "AAobj"; [] exec "chat1.sqs"; [] exec "f351.sqf";

What is "this" for in trigger? You might not need that. Just use !alive objects, go in game with radio to delete thoughts units and confirm trigger working with text.

Edit, dam I'm slow!

thanks btw :)

got any ideas for these too?

1. In sidechat is there a way to make it 'dynamic'? So after the player gives coordinates for artillery by clicking the map, it actually says the coordinates in the following sidechat i.e. 'Fire mission coordinates are xxxxxx. Over'

2. Can't start missions with NV Goggles on. If I do regular start it works but with left shift+preview (i.e. with briefing) the NV Goggles don't come on automatically.

player action ["NVGoggles"]

3. Can't get spawning flying planes to work. They spawn but I think they have no pilot since one flies like 500m in a dive then crashes and the other two just pretty much spawn, drop vertically straight down and then explode.

GroupF35B = CreateGroup West;
F35B1 = createVehicle ["F35B", [(getMarkerPos "US") select 0, (getMarkerPos "US") select 1, 100], [], 0, "FLY"];
F35BPilot = F35B1 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
F35BPilot assignAsDriver F35B1;
F35BPilot moveInDriver F35B1;
F35B2 = createVehicle ["F35B", [(getMarkerPos "US") select 0, (getMarkerPos "US") select 1, 100], [], 0, "FLY"];
F35BPilot = F35B2 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
F35BPilot assignAsDriver F35B2;
F35BPilot moveInDriver F35B2;
F35B3 = createVehicle ["F35B", [(getMarkerPos "US") select 0, (getMarkerPos "US") select 1, 100], [], 0, "FLY"];
F35BPilot = F35B3 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
F35BPilot assignAsDriver F35B3;
F35BPilot moveInDriver F35B3;
wp1 = GroupF35B addWaypoint [(getmarkerpos "waypoint1"), 0];
wp1 setWaypointSpeed "NORMAL";
wp1 setWaypointType "MOVE"; 
wp1 setWaypointStatements ["true", "{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew F35B1); deleteVehicle F35B1"; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew F35B2); deleteVehicle F35B2; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew F35B3); deleteVehicle F35B3"];

my on activation for the trigger for planes is

[] exec "F351.sqf";

[]execVM "F351.sqf" brings up: 'Type Script, nothing expected' error.

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

What is "this" for in trigger? You might not need that. Just use !alive objects, go in game with radio to delete thoughts units and confirm trigger working with text.

Edit, dam I'm slow!

hehe just a bit too slow :P