Sign in to follow this  
alexboy

.mtl + .obj in Oxyegen 2....

im wondering how can i import the texture file of .mtl into Oxygen 2 with my .obj file..... its really frustrating cause putting the textures backinto the certain places is complicated and will be days before i can even work on it again if i have to reput the textures back down......

please help... really frustrated

I believe that you get texture assignments, but not necessarily ones that work, when you export mtl files if my memory is correct. You would then use the mass texture and material renaming tool under the tools menu to rename them to something more fitting.

oh ok thank you..... but it doesnt bring the textures it was assigned with it... ill ahve to match it again basically tho right ?

oh ok thank you..... but it doesnt bring the textures it was assigned with it... ill ahve to match it again basically tho right ?

If it the texture is assigned to it e.g. blender or max and saved in the 3d file, the texture file will be assigned to the model in oxygen but either way you will have to change the direction of the texture + it has to be in .paa

The assignments can be in tga, and if you use .tga you can view your textures in O2 using the direct 3d viewport. If you view the object in buldozer, it will automatically convert tgas it finds to paas.

oh ok thank you... it makes sense now :)