Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Idea: para dropping ammo

What would you think about this:

Now since you can load ammo in vehicles, I was thinking.  For helocopters, Making 2 or 3 "bundles".  When you load ammo into the chopper, It would say load insert-weapon-here as normal.  Then, other choices.  Like Load insert-weapon-here Bundle/crate 1 (maybe 3 bundles of weapons total).  

Then, when you are flying, the gunner and the pilot get an option on their action menu to drop one of the bundles/crates.  It then drops it and floats down to the ground via parachute.  

This would allow for fast ammo resupplies.

Yes, I am aware of a script that allows ammo crates to be caried on choppers.  But that requires scripting.  This way all maps can have this.  And I belive that script is for Ai to do that not humans?

Anyway, thoughts, comments, questions?

Harnu.

Yea not a bad idea.

I made my own insertion script that allows you to load up a crate with ammo, then tell the UH pilot where to drop you off. He will fly you to the position, eject you and drop the crate on the parachute, (well I didn't attach the crate, but it end's up where the chute lands, cosmetics u c) . This is done for MP.

Great idea but don;t diss scripting. You can do some neato things with it. Remember the mission 'Alamo' in the Red Hammer campaign. If you haven't played it, here's what happens, it's a defenseive mission, but you can use the action menu to order troops to build fences anywhere in the area (tank trap fences, forces the incoming tanks to go around) and you can also tell them to move ammo crates to anywhere on the map. Then you can create mine traps to get the tanks!

I'll bet that someone could create a script that can be triggered via the action menu. Remember that in the BIS Chinook mission there is a new addition to the action menu that gets all your passengers to bail out. Same thing could be done with ammo crates.