Sign in to follow this  
Ruud van Nistelrooy

Bg2 problem

Yeah i know that this isn't an opf question but i've asked this on loads of forums and want a varied answer and stuff, plus i'm sure people have this problem with a few games, and on here i'll get a quick response probably

Well, i'm playing Baldurs gate 2 and i've got past the first bit and then once i'm outside the game starts restarting my computer randomly. i've tried reintsllaing and patching but it doesn't work - any ideas?

sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have a question to ask.

I've been playing Morrowind and its my first experience of an rpg and I'm really enjoying it, so I went out and bought baldurs gate and Tales of the sword coast which I plan on starting sometime soon.

Have you played baldurs gate and if so what did you think of it?

I don't mind the fact that its not 3d and that the graphics are outdated, just as long as I get plenty of gameplay for my Å14.99 .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (morbid @ July 25 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have a question to ask.

I've been playing Morrowind and its my first experience of an rpg and I'm really enjoying it,  so I went out and bought baldurs gate and Tales of the sword coast which I plan on starting sometime soon.

Have you played baldurs gate and if so what did you think of it?

I don't mind the fact that its not 3d and that the graphics are outdated, just as long as I get plenty of gameplay for my Å14.99 .<span id='postcolor'>

I never completed Baldurs Gate 1, it was a long time ago when i last played it (a few years) and i've forgot most of it. I do remember i was playing it for ages and ages, and got well immersed in it all. It's got a lot of replayablity (eg, play it through once as a Fighter, then a poncy good sorceror, then an evil sorceror, then a tree hugging ranger who is evil, then a Paladin...), well worth 15 squid if you're in to that kind of thing (in fact, i bought it simply because pc gamer gave it a good review, normally i'm not into fantasy games)

I never got the add-on pack though

Morrowind is VERY different from Baldurs Gate 2.

Morrowind - 1st/3rd person, lots of combat, focus on yourself, very very very non linear

Baldurs Gate 2 - Horribly long dungeons, you have to tell each person in your party what to do, frequent pausing. The game moves very slow.

Recommended RPGs:

Morrowind, Arcanum.

If you decided you like hacking things apart more than a rich story theres always Diablo II and Dungeon Siege...

And where is Neverwinter Nights in all of this? Best D+D rpg out for sure. And Planescape Torment was a damned good game too.

Residuum i had the problem (random restarting) when i instaleld new games, though since changing from winME to Win2000 i never have any problems.

I played BG 1+2 for ages, and I'd like to go back and re do both of them, maybe if my OFP cd gets destroyed by some freak accident, I'll re play the BG series.

I loved BG1, man, I had so much fun with that, that was my first computer RPG I played and I stuck with that series. BG2 also kept me playing it for months after.

Icewind Dale was alright, but the BG series was better.

Now I got Neverwinter Nights, and after getting the latest NWN patch, 1.21, I never playing Neverwinter Nights again, looks like it. There are some big bugs that come with that new patch, such as the game wont start if I use my cd burner drive, so I had to switch to my CDRom drive, and in game there some bad ones, so I'm just going to hold off from playing NWN until the next patch comes out and fixes it. I could just reinstall it and play with v1.20, but I'm too lazy to do that and will play more OFPR.

-=Die Alive=-