Sign in to follow this  
ElitexKiller

Could use some Arma 3 info :)

Hello,

So I'm new to Arma 3 well Arma in general I managed to get a Alpha lite invite awhile back and have loved what little of the game I could play. Before though I buy Arma 3 Alpha I have some questions. One I love watching the videos on youtube of players doing the Co-op missions and how tactical that it is but I'm wondering how hard is it to get into games like that? do you have to find a group of people and befriend them to get to enjoy that style of co-op gameplay or are their servers people can join that do that? This is my biggest question because to be honest that looks like a blast!! second question is the hacking thing gone down some? I read not long ago that they were having a issue with hackers just wondering how that's going from the perspective of people who are in the game playing. :) last question what is the multilayer like? is it a large group of players in fire teams that are doing objectives while the other side is trying to defend stuff or is it just like team death match? thanks ahead of time for all the help! :)

Kinda goes both ways some groups have pw'd serves an run various style missions with an exphasis on teamplay, some servers run unlocked servers with same exphasis. With regards to hacking until BE releases best to find a group...joinig a public server is kinda join at your own risk atm though I run mine on dev side atm so dunno what it's like on stable side. ArmA stands alone when it come to teamplay an adding the relistic component, and it will only get beter with beta an final game release Q2 into Q3

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?168-ARMA-3-ALPHA-SQUADS-AND-FANPAGES

The Arma MP offers endless possibilities.

There are servers open to everyone and there are organised communities. You will get the best experience if you play with such a community. Playing together with a closed community also has the benefit of avoiding cheaters.

There are also lots of ways to play MP. Some communities only play Coop Missions against AI, others play TvT or PvP. Make sure to find a nice community that fits your desired style of playing.

There are also a lot of places like us that run a public server where a reasonable good game is played in a casual way, and that organize member (tactical) events on a (semi) regular basis.

Just look for dedicated servers with a proper name that look to be part of a community, play for a while, see if you like what they are doing, join the teamspeak, make some new friends, join the forums etc...

As said before, it all depends on your playing style as to what community will fit you. I for one am more about fun & good people and i don't need ultra realism all the time, thats why i play in a UK based community with a slightly casual gameplay setup. But there are communities out there to fit everyones style.

Kinda goes both ways some groups have pw'd serves an run various style missions with an exphasis on teamplay, some servers run unlocked servers with same exphasis. With regards to hacking until BE releases best to find a group...joinig a public server is kinda join at your own risk atm though I run mine on dev side atm so dunno what it's like on stable side. ArmA stands alone when it come to teamplay an adding the relistic component, and it will only get beter with beta an final game release Q2 into Q3

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?168-ARMA-3-ALPHA-SQUADS-AND-FANPAGES

The security patch stuff (at least the scripting changes) were rolled out to stable build which is at 0.56 now.

The security patch stuff (at least the scripting changes) were rolled out to stable build which is at 0.56 now.

TY was'nt sure if stable side is worth/safe switching server back too. Sry for offtopic.

Best war sim experience hands down. you won't be disappointed, just remember if u get it, it's only in Alpha stage to make full release best for everyone.

Just be aware that it was done before the sound changes in dev build, so if you're on dev build you may well be looking at a big (maybe even 1.8 GB) download if you roll back to stable!