Sign in to follow this  
phronk

ArmA 3 Alpha List of Bugs

ArmA 3 is in an early stage of development (Alpha stage, of course) and as an individual who has access to the Alpha, I've been playtesting the game and its editor vigorously, in hopes that discovering and reporting these bugs and glitches early will allow Bohemia Interactive to fix and optimize the game much better for Beta or the official ArmA 3 release. I've been focusing mainly on editor and A.I. related content lately. Some of the bugs below may have been reported, but I am reporting all bugs I've found in the current build of the ArmA 3 Alpha.

A.I. Related Bugs:

• A.I. controlled helicopter with a waypoint order to transport/unload in a specific area will sometimes not complete the order and the pilot will instead repeat the order "disembark" or will ignore the order and move on to second waypoint (if any).
    A.I. helicopter sometimes becomes idle after completing a waypoint or taking fire.
  • A.I. controlled squad members shout out random unnecessary commands like "Covering fire!" despite there being no hostiles to provide covering fire against.
  • Stationary A.I. soldiers placed in the editor will always react to hostile contact by firing a short burst at the target, then go prone, and then either continue firing at target (even if LoS is obstructed, such as the unit is placed inside a building near a window).
  • A.I. infantry can detect hostiles from a distance through hills sometimes and can also detect/shoot hostiles through surfaces a normal player cannot see through (specifically leaves from trees or bushes).
  • A.I. infantry given the waypoint order to "Guard" via mission editor will instead charge at any remote hostile's location aggressively.
  • When a large amount of A.I. controlled infantry are in the same area, they will sometimes walk inside of eachother. This also can cause them to freeze up or remain idle in the exact same position as the other A.I.
  • A.I. controlled civilians always flee or run in random areas/directions when gunfire or explosions occur near them. There should be an option to disable this on specific civilians (in case editors wanted to create more organized hostage missions or whatever)
  • A.I. controlled squad-medic does not heal or attempt to heal himself or fellow squad mates, even if they say they're injured or request medical attention. They basically act only as light riflemen, rather than a supporting medic.
  • A.I. controlled squad-leader/squad-mates sometimes stay in cover of bushes or other cover (despite still not reaching their designated waypoint) and do not proceed on to their waypoint for the remainder of the mission.

Server/Multiplayer Issues:

• Multiplayer servers tend to cause all players' FPS to drop significantly (or completely freeze the screen temporarily) when players connect or disconnect from the server.
  • Explosions and smoke plumes (especially if several smoke grenades of different colors are deployed) can cause sever stuttering and FPS drops for all players.

Other Issues:

• Grenades bounce off some windows when trying to throw nades through them.
  • Characters who crawl through a doorway from an indoor area to an outdoor area are forced to stand once getting to the doorway or through of the doorway.
  • Snakes are immortal.

In a rush to leave at the moment, but will edit this post to include more bugs and issues I've found in the game and mission editor.

Some of My Computer Specs:

Video Card: GTX 570

Processor: AMD 8-core processor 3.10 GHz

RAM: 12G

Screen Resolution: 1920x1280

Video Settings:

Everything is on Very High; clouds are disabled, HDR is Low, view distance is 1780 (object distance is 1200), shadow distance is 85, vertical sync is off.

Use the feedback tracker to search for and vote up these issues. It's easier for the developers to act accordingly when issues are consolidated into a single place.

Grenades bounce off some windows when trying to throw nades through them.

I've noticed a few people complain about this "issue". Throwing grenades at solid windows does simply not happen in real life, due to the likeliness of it bouncing back when the window fails to break. Are you referring to throwing grenades through broken, or open windows? Keep this in mind when reporting issues on the feedback tracker, you need to provide as much detail as possible. :)

Appreciate the pointer to their bug tracker page.

And as for the window problem, the window was not broken and I had a feeling that might've been why, but didn't think they'd actually implement that small detail. :D