Sign in to follow this  
Nite

So if I get the alpha

I get to play the game forever, right?

It says the beta and the full game are available, but I do not want to have to purchase those again as well. I REALLY want to play this game haha. I just want to be sure.

Yes buying ANY of the alpha packages includes the alpha, beta, and full game on release.

You are essentially Pre-purchasing the game and being given access to the development builds of the game until launch.

Sweet, thank you. Time to play some Arma 3 ; D

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Wait, I went to get it from the site. It says its 24 bucks, but sends me to steam and they want 32? I know there is tax, but 8 dollars would be on something that was 100 dollars.

WTH is that about?

Wait, I went to get it from the site. It says its 24 bucks...

No, it says €24,99.

Haha, ok, $24.99, but that still doesn't mean you add $8 to the price for tax. Wait, is the Arma site in another country? Maybe its the currency rate that is throwing me off. Hmm.

No, not $24.99. €24.99.

a3prices_zpsf3cc1fee.png

The U.S. isn't the only country on the planet, you see.

Of course it is, you just don't know it yet. xD

But no, it is not that, it is the fact that not every site is honest and everyone tries to make a dollar off of very excited gamers who are an inch from acting off impulse.

It is better to take the extra time to be sure than to be coming back from depression.

It is better to take the extra time to be sure than to be coming back from depression.

To that end, why not take the time to read a bit more carefully? It clearly denotes Euros and not USD.

Bohemia Interactive is based in the Czech Republic which is part of the EU. So the standard unit of pricing is set to show as the €, you can switch it with the drop down as seen in Harzach's post above. No idea why they haven't got an auto-detect based on visitors region, as they used to.

The prices are set to the current exchange rate. Check and see for yourself, tax is included in the price. You don't add it based off another currency. Smh

[edit] excuse any booboos just killin time while my game downloads.

Just so you know.

I, and most, call it "skim reading". Where you just run through it and grab what you need as it comes. Being a man of importance, little things can't occupy too much time. My time being almost worthless, but more than that. ; D

Being that it only involved a game and an account hardly worth anything, I am not too concerned with looking at or understanding every detail involved. Most situations are all the same, once you seen it once, you seen them all. The legit ones anyway.

With that, I went over it quickly. I recalled seeing the 24, I then seen the other price being 32. This was a problem. In my world, the one in America, I deal with America stuff. I am not too familiar with seeing things that are from outside of the US so it did not occur to me, at the time, that it could be currency related. Of course I questioned this price difference because it's a free forum and its not against the TOS. I essentially resolved this by my self and got some proof from a certain someone to help me close the case for certain.

And there you have it.

The prices are 1:1:1. It is not fair to charge €24.99 to euro's and $24.99 to american's as one region would be getting the better deal (in this case the U.S), for me (UK) the standard edition is £19.99 which is equal to €24.99 and $32.99.

Do you get where we're coming from?

First, let me ask, why are you mentioning this? It really has nothing to do with what I was talking about at all.

I get to play the game forever, right?

It says the beta and the full game are available, but I do not want to have to purchase those again as well. I REALLY want to play this game haha. I just want to be sure.

I'll try to reword it to be clearer than what that big splash page said. :p

Buying now means buying a game that's explicitly WIP, i.e. with limited content, uncertain stability, a bunch of features/capabilities being subject-to-change-without-advance-notice; in return for the aforementioned limitations the devs offer a steep discount (compared to people who buy at "final release" in autumn 2013) and the promise that they'll add more content (that is, what the beta and final release/full game buyers get) when the beta and final release occur.

I, and most, call it "skim reading". Where you just run through it and grab what you need as it comes. Being a man of importance, little things can't occupy too much time.

If you consider a fundamental concept such as what currency you are dealing with "little", then you can't be too important. Or at least, not for much longer.

At any rate (pun not intended but still hilarious), we're devolving to pointless sparring here. You know what's up now, and so the topic is done. Enjoy Arma!

You didn't catch the joke? Ah well, we all can't be winners ; )

Sparring? Pssh, I call what I am doing defending my self.

But yes, I will do that exact thing. TY, and you the same.

The joke FYI, or at least should have tipped you off that I was playing was, "My time being almost worthless ; D".

But any how, GG! ^.^