Sign in to follow this  
Ghebraant

You who's reading this subject line, get in here

This section of the forum cannot possibly have more than 100 people in total viewing it, yet the thread "Bug on Bacchus" has over 1000 views, with 11 replies. You entered this topic, now I want you to explain why you did so. It may seem confusing, but I'm curious to see if these are actually forum members or it's just the accumulated views from guests and members clicking the same topic twice. It's only fair that I explain myself before I expect anyone else to: I beta-tested this game. I asked for a refund after it was released, which I was not granted. Now in what I guess is an attempt at making my money not totally wasted, I frequent this forum looking for patches and hoping someone makes some kind of mod. I also post dustballs. What about you; what are you doing on here?

Edited by Ghebraant
Formatting

Oh. I thought you were handing out cookies.

seriously though- since the pathfinding was tweaked, I find myself rather happy with the game overall. If you manage to get it running, stick to strategy mode.

My reason for occasionally checking these forums are helping others with issues I can help with, and the hope of further AI tweaks, as the pathfinding still isn't perfect.

Ghebraant, what country are you from?

If you are living in / purchased the game from the EU, please see my post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145659-Finished-Campaign-and-Strategy-mode-now-here-s-my-%28LARGE%29-bugs-list

I also come on this forum to read about the problems others have with this game (to see if they are the same as the troubles I have), and to check for news of patches. I find myself more or less very satisfied with the graphics of the game (except the manta engines when in flight - they don't spin!), and the sound effects, but i find myself feeling cheated in regards to the mechanics of the game.

I just checked in, to see, if the patch V1.05 Beta, has left the Beta stage and was announced to be released. As I could see, it was not. I got the game and played all the patches from the beginning. But in all versions (patches), I end up in the campaign mode to be defeated in the end sequence.

I liked the section about modding, I don´t like to invest to much time into it. And that following thing I am about to say could be hard for the dev team, maybe it sounds even ungrateful, but the truth is, I stopped playing because first because I know the ending and second my "Hostile Waters" is more funny. Because the wingmans aren´t mute and every one has its own attitude how to fight. "Randsom" for example is a real kamikaze, while Borden is a real precision shooter and so on.

Sorry about this oppinion devs-team. I like your work very much, especially the graphic side, and all the patches. And I know that carrier command is not meant to be as "Hostile Waters", therefore, please excuse me to have written what I did. My oppinion about CCGM is : it is a excellent replica of the old CC, with much wonderful surprises, like the 3D shooter perspective in the campaign mode. I will never ask my money back, and I cannot understand why someone would.

Keep up the good work.