Sign in to follow this  

Paintball

I find paintball guns to be painfully in-accurate and you can never tell which way the ball will go. It is so frusterating for long range shots because your shots will land in different places even when you have the gun straight and elevation correct.

the standard issue course paintball guns probably wont be your top of the line guns, but theyll get the job done.

I have my own fairly expensive gun, becuase i play a lot, and it eventually pays for it self, not to mention its a lot better than the standard guns they give you

And yes, you will not want to get hit with them, they do hurt.

As for the tactics, it depends on the course mainly. Where i play is litterally in the middle of no where, and the courses are in the middle of the woods with creeks and barrels, and logs. I play a lot, and on a course like that, rambo tactics will get your ass capped.

I would where some long cargo pants that you dont care to get messed up. Becuase where i go, you either lay down on the dirty ground or get shot, but you may be playing inside, so use you best judgement smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ July 22 2002,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I find paintball guns to be painfully in-accurate and you can never tell which way the ball will go. It is so frusterating for long range shots because your shots will land in different places even when you have the gun straight and elevation correct.<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno what you played with, but they can be very consistant.

First gun I owned was a Sheridan PR3, Then for tournament used a Budd-Orr Ranger.

I could pretty much do whatever damage I wanted, if I wasn't shot first. But true, at long range, you saturate the area.

Thanks everybody for your tips smile.gif

I just came back from playing, and it was fun as hell. I am pleased to say that I delivered much more pain then I recieved biggrin.gif

I got shot three times (2x leg, 1x shoulder) and got 18 confirmed kills. This was in six matches with 22 ppl.

Anyway very fun and I can recommend it to anybody that hasn't tried smile.gif

Congrats to your first outing, sounds like you did quite well. I just stumbled on to the thread so I could'nt put in my 2 cents worth before you left.

But it does'nt sound like you needed it.

I am assuming your hooked now, I know I was after my first outing. That was 15 years ago......I now have to much stuff in the basement and to many stories to tell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 25 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got shot three times (2x leg, 1x shoulder) and got 18 confirmed kills. This was in six matches with 22 ppl.<span id='postcolor'>

and you call yourself a well-trained amphibiant soldier?

geeze all those training for nothing. tounge.gif

j/k..great job denoir!

One very big problem in paintball is that the glass of the mask is getting misted over within five minutes of play. This reduces your visibility to practically zero and you can't take it of while you are in the combat zone. You really can't see more then a couple of meters. Instead you try to focus on some point where water has condesed and if you are lucky you manage to get a better depth view while sacreficing your field of vision completely.

I TKed one of the guys on my team because of that, but it wasnt entirely my fault. Both teams had green uniforms, ours was just plain green while the other team had some form of camo pattern. In one match I was crawling on the ground when a teammate who was behind me says: "There! He is right in front of you, shoot!". I look, and sure, there is a human shaped blur right in front of me. My friend yells: "What are you waiting for: shoot, shoot!". The blur isn't moving, but I take aim and fire off three rounds that are followed by a scream from the blur :"Ow! What are you doing?? We are on the same team!!". I had shot him three times in the butt. The teammate behind me was referring to another guy who was about 10 m further from that and my view of him was obstructed by a large rock. smile.gif

Anyway, the poor bastard that I shot was a friend of mine, and he understood that it was a mistake so there were no hard feelings smile.gif

The coolest part was when a teammate and I stormed the other teams base. There were three guys there that had fortificated themselves and were expecting a frontal assault. We managed to synchronize perfectly so we outflanked them on each side and shot them all from a distance less then 2 m. We fired off perhaps 20 rounds on them. When we stopped firing they had all squeezed themselves together, hugging each other and looking very very scared. Poor bastards, that must have hurt like hell wink.gif

Oh, and I shot a guy from almost point blank range in the face. We were crawling up the same hill from opposite sides and we met on the top. He hesitaded for one second, I did not. My shot hit, his missed since he flinched a bit from the impact of my bullet smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bit from the impact of my bullet smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

err...paintball. wink.gif

as a part of a fun-day in the army we were take to a ......paintball field.

it was one platoon against the other.

brrrrrrrrr........it was a good thing it was only paint and not real bullets.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ July 26 2002,02:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bit from the impact of my bullet  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

err...paintball.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Freudian slip, I guess biggrin.gif

Go to a shop that specializes in outdoor sports gear. Anyhting that needs goggles and physical activity generally has the same problem with fogging...and if I remember correctly there is a cleaning spray that helps inhibit fogging.

Damn..this thread has me wanting to play again! smile.gif

Just remembered!

slice a potato and rub it in the inside of the goggles, the starch will prevent fogging.

we had the same problem with driving in open vehicles. biggrin.gif

Well, you can even use this stuff that you put in swimming goggles, which pervent from fogging, so try that. smile.gif

just buy some goggles with thermal lenses. I have a v-force armour, got it for $25, and no fog for almost over 6 months now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 26 2002,02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had shot him three times in the butt.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, and I shot a guy from almost point blank range in the face. We were crawling up the same hill from opposite sides and we met on the top. He hesitaded for one second, I did not. My shot hit, his missed since he flinched a bit from the impact of my bullet smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

similarthing happened to me in OFP once...except we both died cause i fired M203.(what the heck was I thinking?)

What i've read is all pretty much correct. Bit late for this advice but what the heck: Go with people you can "sort out" later on (aka cheaters, insenitve pricks sad.gif , etc. etc.). I made a bad mistake of going with a few friends but alot of unknown adults. If one of those adults was my size or similar then he would be seriously f#cked (eg. shot me unarmed). Team play is also really important especially on CTF. Our team absolutely rocked on those missions because my friend brough his ex-army father which helped sort us out.