Sign in to follow this  
Ruud van Nistelrooy

Resistance gonna explode?

I completed resistance finally and it all went very smoothly, i decided to go through the campaign again and it all went very smoothly up until the mission ammo low. The mission itself went vert very smoothly and i'd had it finished. I took out that last small ruskie squad with my dragunov, sent my squad to the base while i legged it back to the ammo truck to replenish my ammo. But as soon as i reached the truck the game went all laggy and slow, unbearably laggy and slow, it took a good 8 seconds for victor to look at a different place. Well, like i said i'd been doing everything with no lag, slowdown or anything like that for a long time now. I tried rebooting and everything and reinstalling but it won't go away. I'm using the same graphics settingsa i have always done (fairly high everytwhere). Another thing - the words at some points are blurred and have little lines above them (like on the fade warning at the start and sometimes in game)

I had reinstalled opf totally prior to starting a new game (to get rid of all the add-ons that were clogging up my opf), i installed opf and then opfr (no upgrades, didn't think i'd need them). I am also using a genuine copy of both opf and opfr. Like i said everything in the game ran perfectly with my current settings and system but then all of a sudden just naffed up. My system is: athlon 1.4, 512DDrRAM, 64mb Geforce 2 MX, with xp and all latest drivers (it also doesn't have an internet connection so theres no dodgy auto updating or viruses...)

I also want to avoid re formatting because i have a champ manager save that i would very much love to keep (although if its neccessary i'll by a cd writer)

any help greatly appreciated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BoonieRat @ July 22 2002,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does it lag everywhere now?.all the time?, or just at certain spots?

PS. you are supposed to upgrade OFP to version# 1.46 proir to installing Resistance.

Try checking your installation with the install checker Placebo made.

Placebos Magic 'Oh well!, at least I know its not 'Resistance' buggering up my PC' â„¢ Checker.<span id='postcolor'>

ahh, will try that, thanks smile.gif