Sign in to follow this  
racer0940

Linux server ignoring config file

I finally got a server up and running on my dedicated box after much flailing and quiet swearing at the screen in front of me (it knew what it was doing), however, it seems to be ignoring the config file altogether.

It looks like it's defaulting to 64 players, and is not using the supplied server name and password.

I'm not entirely sure what you need to help me, but this is the first two lines in the config parameters of the arma2oaserver file that was included in the linux server files:

ARMA_DIR=/arma2oa

CONFIG=/server.cfg

I searched on the forums for something similar to this problem, but I had no luck. I'm sure someone will find a post in half a minute and yell at me.

Thanks,

racer0940

Edit: I think when I'm using the ./server command, it's not even looking at my arma2oaserver file, I tried to change the port, just to see if the text on screen would show the different port, but it stayed on 2302.

So I'm not sure if my problem lies somewhere other than my original thoughts.

Edited by racer0940

Where in your start scrip do you specify your config file then?

Ah, I made a stupid mistake, I was using ./server instead of the correct file, ./arma2oaserver

I'm still having issues with the server not showing up in the server list, but at least I got that figured out.

Edit: Is there a way to see the console?

Edited by racer0940

Line 110:

${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -server -config=${CONFIG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE} ${OTHERPARAMS}

Change to:

${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -server -cfg=${CFG} -config=${CONFIG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE} ${OTHERPARAMS}