Sign in to follow this  
antoineflemming

Changing/Creating New Ranks

Hey, I've been trying to see if it's possible to change the names of ranks and or if it's possible to create new ranks. I've found a class CfgRanks in the bin.pbo file, but changing that doesn't seem to do anything, and I saw no such reference in Arma 2 or Operation Arrowhead files. So, I'm curious, anyone know where the ranks are defined?

Although I dont know how to change the ranks, I think it would be awesome if someone who knows how to or if it is even possible would share it here.

any chance anyone worked this out id love to be able to just rename a few ranks for our addon

Hey, I've been trying to see if it's possible to change the names of ranks and or if it's possible to create new ranks. I've found a class CfgRanks in the bin.pbo file, but changing that doesn't seem to do anything, and I saw no such reference in Arma 2 or Operation Arrowhead files. So, I'm curious, anyone know where the ranks are defined?

You may not be able to change the actual rank system, however, you may be able to change the rank display name or descriptions for example

class CfgRanks
{
     class 0
     {
          displayName = "Private First Class";
          displayNameShort = "PFC";
          picture = "";
     };
};

keep in mind that this is just a thought and i haven't actually tested it. but in theory it should work. Btw there is a rank in the config file class 7 - "General" that is hidden in the editor. I believe this is used for High Command gameplay.

Haven't gotten it to work so I just figured it's something that can't be overridden. Oh well.

Haven't gotten it to work so I just figured it's something that can't be overridden. Oh well.

maybe, i had some trouble completing this, it may have something to do with the compile function but i do not have enough experience to help with this. I only assume that the compile function will help as it is activated as soon as it is loaded.

Has anyone had any more luck with this? It would be really nice to be able to implement new rank structures for different countries and forces.