Sign in to follow this  
andysim

Ul_trike ultralight for a great solo

Co-vert OPS mission , I talking about the ultralight you can get from

planetrainbowsix.com/atwar/ofp

,,,,altough I cant get a link to work from that site you will have to find it your self,,,sorry

Its Called ul_trike.zip its a slow aircraft that could be used for recon and when you shut the engine of It glides for miles and is very quiet for the perfect solo or duel insertion.

Would this be used in real life? ,I dunno but it is fun.

Andrew.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andysim @ July 21 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Co-vert OPS mission , I talking about the ultralight you can get from

planetrainbowsix.com/atwar/ofp

,,,,altough I cant get a link to work from that site you will have to find it your self,,,sorry

Its Called ul_trike.zip its a slow aircraft that could be used for recon and when you shut the engine of It glides for miles and is very quiet for the perfect solo or duel insertion.

Would this be used in real life? ,I dunno but it is fun.

Andrew.<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't heard of ultralights being used for covert ops although I'm sure such a thing might be possible if covert extraction is needed. However they're noisy and slow so they don't quite work as well for a quick extraction. That's where something like a MH-60 Pavehawk (fast and heavily armored) usually is a safer method of extraction.

However Special Operation units do train using parasails...those are basically large manueverable parachutes that are used in high altitude jumps. The soldiers can be dropped many miles away from the landing zone and they simply glide to the target area. However it doesn't work well if there is any wind to speak of. For that reason a motorized parasail might be practicle...or just disposable ultralights.

I also seem to remember someone making a military ultralight with a kevlar bottom lining to protect it from small arms fire.

But I haven't heard of anyone using it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hey people cmon havent u ever seen the newest JamesBond film (i forgot the name confused.gif ) but they use them in that movie only instead of having fixed wings they used parachutes (not very big difference) and had skis. but anyway it is a great addon for ofp. biggrin.gif