Sign in to follow this  
Drzaues

Some questions

Some of these may be basic and if you find yourself angered by that I do apologize. I am currently finishing up a scenario there are a few details I am attempting to work out if you could lend a hand I would appreciate it.

1. I am trying to put enemy riflemen into scaffolds..I have tried the "moveincargo" approach like a vehicle but that didn't work. Any ideas is this even possible?

2. I am attempting to place a trigger that reacts once a structure is blown up with the result being a secondary objective met (possibly an audio file playing) type thing. That has eluded me a bit any help with this would be appreciated.

3. My end mission has to do with the team reaching an extraction point, I used the "seized by blufor" option is this correct? Also I would like to make that conditional on killing all the enemy soldiers in a certain area so you simply can't run to the exfil point and end the mission. I am not sure how to do that.

4. Can I make my own audio files play upon triggers? How do I start my own audio file playing once the mission starts?

Thanks guys, I appreciate any insight you can lend.

As i am still new to editing i just can answer your number 4

You need to provide a description.ext file in maybe a "sound" folder in your mission.

Then you put in your radio messages. here is an example from my actual testing... (title is what is displayed in sidechat)

class cfgRadio
{
sounds[] = {};
class radioAcc
{
	name="radioAcc";
	sound[] = {"\sounds\acc.ogg", db-10,1.0};
	title = "Hier Landungstruppe, bestätige die Übertragung, beginnen mit der Landung. Ende.";
}
class radioSmoke
{
	name="radioSmoke";
	sound[] = {"\sounds\smoke.ogg", db-8,1.0};
	title = "Alpha 1 und Alpha 2 für Landungstruppe, die Landezone wurde von ansässigen Widerstandskämpfern mit orangenem Rauch markiert. Ende.";
}
}

now you can do on a trigger activation

[West,"HQ"] sideRadio "radioSmoke";

then you will get a message from HQ playing your sound and displaying your text in sidechat radio upon trigger activation.

greetz wayan

1)

this setpos (((getpos this) nearestobject 126938) buildingpos 5);

126938 id of building 5 location in building or maybe

//

this setpos [(getpos this) select 0, (getpos this) select 1, 2.0];

0 being height

//

2)group trigger to building put over building then put not present

Edited by Blitzer134

As i am still new to editing i just can answer your number 4

You need to provide a description.ext file in maybe a "sound" folder in your mission.

Then you put in your radio messages. here is an example from my actual testing... (title is what is displayed in sidechat)

class cfgRadio
{
sounds[] = {};
class radioAcc
{
	name="radioAcc";
	sound[] = {"\sounds\acc.ogg", db-10,1.0};
	title = "Hier Landungstruppe, bestätige die Übertragung, beginnen mit der Landung. Ende.";
}
class radioSmoke
{
	name="radioSmoke";
	sound[] = {"\sounds\smoke.ogg", db-8,1.0};
	title = "Alpha 1 und Alpha 2 für Landungstruppe, die Landezone wurde von ansässigen Widerstandskämpfern mit orangenem Rauch markiert. Ende.";
}
}

now you can do on a trigger activation

[West,"HQ"] sideRadio "radioSmoke";

then you will get a message from HQ playing your sound and displaying your text in sidechat radio upon trigger activation.

greetz wayan

Wayan may I ask what type of sounds did you create for this? I was thinking of recording a voice comm kind a la metal gear...you know the remote commander. I was thinking of just recording it to my hard drive and making it play.

Why are your titles lengthy like the line about the landing force. I don't understand that.

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

1)
  this setpos (((getpos this) nearestobject 126938) buildingpos 5);

126938 id of building 5 location in building or maybe

//

this setpos [(getpos this) select 0, (getpos this) select 1, 2.0];

0 being height

//

2)group trigger to building put over building then put not present

If I name the Scaffold "Scaf1" and the guard "Guard1" how would it look?

---------- Post added at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 ----------

Also I tried the trigger to set to "notpresent" on the large radio tower that I wanted to trigger on destruction, that did not seem to work. Trying to set off an effect once that thing is blown up.