Sign in to follow this  
McKeewa

Import A2 content to A3 : Tanks

Hi there

I met an issue, and I need your expertise. I would like to implement some tanks on stratis, the T34 actually. But there is a issue with the physic engine, all tanks comportement are totally f*cked-up. I think it's because Arma3 use a new engine.

I'm looking for a tutorial or something that could help me make this t34 usable.

Currently, for example, all the mass of the Tank is placed in the front and, at the first brake using, the tank flips forward and finish on the roof

I don't really now if there is a kind a restrictions for using/taking BI content and modified it to be usable on a BI games ^^

Anyway, thanks for reading me.

Have a nice day.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148172-Forward-porting-of-Arma-content

Sticky just above your thread about forward porting.

It's the same engine, they just introduced PhysX which simulates physics in a far better way and range than before. Vehicles need a bit of an overhaul to make them PhysX compatible, but those questions are best served In this forum or reading (and once more, a sticky in this very forum) This thread

Thank you for your fast reponse, i'll try to find what I need in these forums.

So, after several hours of work, I figured out how the stuff works but I can't manage to do what I want to do, so...

I request help. I want to export a UH60M to make it usable in A3 through a mod. I already tryed it in the game and it works fine (by importing all the A2 addons ^^ ~8Go)

Is there someone with enough goodnesses to help me figure out how to do my little export ?

If its another addon makers UH60, then you will need permission before you even attempt to port the addon over. Please refer to the link that Messiah posted.

Endeed, that's why I decided to change my tune. Currently, I try to learn, and why not, using it for personnal use. But I don't want to begin to create a 3D project whitout knowing how to make it viable in the game.

Even if I don't understand why they don't want us to port forward, I respect that, but it's a real bazar to find a clear and explained tuto to know how to organize his mod.

Anyway, if someone have a link for a good tuto, I'd be grateful.

Endeed, that's why I decided to change my tune. Currently, I try to learn, and why not, using it for personnal use. But I don't want to begin to create a 3D project whitout knowing how to make it viable in the game.

Even if I don't understand why they don't want us to port forward, I respect that, but it's a real bazar to find a clear and explained tuto to know how to organize his mod.

Anyway, if someone have a link for a good tuto, I'd be grateful.

I think you dont understand the reasons about the port forward post, its fine to port forward content. But you need the correct permissions of the original addon creator as its their content. How would you like it if you spent hours on an addon for Arma2 and then some one ports it to Arma3 without your permission?

If you are interesting in creating and addon perhaps refer to the Modeling Section of the forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?173-ARMA-3-ALPHA-MODELLING-(O2)

Also currently there are no tanks in the alphas so at present, BIS havent released information or example configs yet.

I know about tanks.

I know about permissions too, but I'm using right now the content from BI, not a modder, and it's different.

In facts, I bought A2 so I bought with the game, the possibility to do whatever I want with it, in case of personnal us, of course. And this include the possibility to extract the UH60 stuff to make it viable out of the original files.

Anyway, That's not the subject. And even if I suppose that Czech laws are similar to french ones. I was just saying that the main goal was not to create a credited mod but only to learn how to create a mod. I'll now check the link you gave me. Consider the topic like terminated.

Porting BIS stuff to BIS games is fine (within reason, I believe the DLC is obviously off limits because not everyone has purchased it) - Although you didn't purchase the game to do whatever you want with it, you agreed to a EULA and have to abide by that ;)

If there are any more questions, then use the Editing forums - You'll get the attention of those who know about these things, rather than this forum which is mainly to discuss what you're making

And good luck!

I believe that the higher-quality textures and sounds are what is meant by the DLC, since OA has Lite versions anyway.