Sign in to follow this  
zoog

playMove can't get it to work

I just can't seem to get the playMove command to work. I searched and looked up how other people did this, but somehow it's not working. What am I doing wrong?

I tried in the init of the unit: this playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_idle56kliky" (which would be a full workout for example)

I tried in the init of the unit: person1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_idle56kliky"

I tried in a trigger: person1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_idle56kliky"

And with different kind of moves I have the same issue, nothing happens, I use the moves list from this page: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA2:_Moves

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Not all animations work on all units if I remember right. The problem that you have is (I think) that there is no wait time to finish the animation, it begins and ends at the same time. Aslo try it with SwitchMove if PlayMove is not working.

This is what I did in a mission:

Place a unit and set a move waypoint of a couple of meters away, add an other move waypoint almost on top of the first waypoint with in the OnAct (

UnitName switchmove "LHD_krajPaluby"; ) (in my example) and set the second move waypoint on a timer (the time it takes to fully play the animation) and then add an extra cycle waypoint to loop the animation.

Edited by B00tsy

What I'm trying to do is when you drive past a checkpoint there are two civilians with their arms behind their back or kneeling or something along those lines, while some military blokes are sort of talking to them (some kind of casual animation). It's just for immersion when you drive past a specific point. I'm starting to wonder if I should use playmove or switchmove for this? Is it meant to be used for stuff like this?

You can't use switchmove or playmove from init lines, you have to use these in trigger lines.

Hé Zoog,

As you might have read on your own forums, i am currently working on my own life version on a different map and lucky for you i'm using that function.

First you need to make a trigger on that road where they are standing and doing there stuff, after you done that give your soldier a name.

For this example let's say GSoldier1, now in the trigger you place in the On Act this code to let him animated salute.

GSoldier1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_SaluteIn"

As soon a player drives into the trigger area he will play the animation, well at least it should be. :D

Greetz EvilDutch

Edited by EvilDutch

You can't use switchmove or playmove from init lines, you have to use these in trigger lines.

Ha totally overlooked that when I read the OP. Thats the problem alright :)

Cool, thanks, will try those suggestions!

I tried it with a trigger before as well, and the dude did a little twitch thing, his weapon disappeared, but soon enough he was normal again, like the animation never started. Will try it again :)