Sign in to follow this  
aciko

A newbie question

Hey guys;

A few day ago i bought Arma 2 OA standalone. Everything works fine but i have got some problems about multiplayer gaming. Actually my problem is about that joining to some servers. When i trying to connect a server it says '' You can not play edit this mission bla bla bla...''. I searched the forums and found a lot of topics about it and i think that i have to combine Arma2 with Arma2 OA..

Now do i have to buy Arma2 or can i make it with Arma2 Free. If i can make with Arma2 Free HOW? I know there are lots of topic about but i'm very confused now. If someone help me i will be really appreciate. Thanks in advance..

Did you buy it of steam?

Yes robin, i bought it from steam.

Hello aciko, because you have steam you need to buy the ArmA II (not free which is a demo!). The Operation Arrowhead will not work if you have it standalone and must require the ArmA II. I hope this will be helpful to your problem. :)

Cheers.

Ranwer

EDIT: Also the "You can not play or edit this mission", error means that the ArmA II has the required files for it to play and edit. Sometimes some stores don't tell you about the requirements of ArmA II OA and other addons. The best place to get the steam ArmA II is this link:

https://store.bistudio.com/

Good Luck! ;)

Edited by Ranwer

Hello aciko, because you have steam you need to buy the ArmA II (not free which is a demo!). The Operation Arrowhead will not work if you have it standalone and must require the ArmA II. I hope this will be helpful to your problem. :)

Cheers.

Ranwer

EDIT: Also the "You can not play or edit this mission", error means that the ArmA II has the required files for it to play and edit. Sometimes some stores don't tell you about the requirements of ArmA II OA and other addons. The best place to get the steam ArmA II is this link:

https://store.bistudio.com/

Good Luck! ;)

Hello Ranwer,

Thank you for your answer. Just bought it and downloading :)

Hello aciko, because you have steam you need to buy the ArmA II (not free which is a demo!). The Operation Arrowhead will not work if you have it standalone and must require the ArmA II.

Just to be pedantic, this technically incorrect. Operation Arrowead is a standalone title. However, you'll likely not find any servers out there running OA standalone. Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead can be put together into what is called "Arma 2: Combined Operations", which is what most servers are running.

Have fun!