Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Nostalgia Moment

Any of the old-school OFP modders still around? Bink? Fishkopp? Pappy Boyington? thunderbird84? I'm having a HUGE nostalgia moment looking at some VERY, VERY old addons I've worked on and I'd like to see if any of my fellow friends are still on. Hell, I remember the days when Llama would have CiA and all of the originals would come in, haha. Good times.

And don't worry Mr. Burns, I haven't forgotten you old friend!

Post if you were around this game in 2003/2004.

Edit:

Here is a list of what I remember (Had help from Burn's old Xmas Message)

W0lle, Tigershark_BAS

theavonlady

Winters

Status_cz

thirtyg

Llauma

Bink

Fishkopp

Pappy Boyington

thunderbird84

@cero

-SWAT-

Suchey

cat_shit_one_mm

I know there are a lot more, so feel free to chime in ladies and gents.

Edited by Wilco

Holy cow, when you say nostalgia you really mean it!

Some of those names i haven´t read in years.

Been ICQ´ing with Pappy boyington some years ago (yes, time flies!) and learned he went into truck driving, being on the road most of the time, girls, life, etc. etc.

I don´t think he put his nose into any of the ArmA´s yet.

-SWAT- (if it´s our OFPC.de SWAT) became father to a nice lil girl recently.

Sadly this and other circumstances don´t allow any leisure time anymore for him, but he´s "around".

Hell, I remember the days when Llama would have CiA and all of the originals would come in, haha. Good times.

Good memories! The FDF sessions on CiA were a real treat, remember how Balshoiw occassionaly had to stop us from holding bicycle races mid-mission :D

There also were the community nights (why didn´t we have those anymore after OFP?), don´t know if hosted by CiA but afair most guys from your list attended too.

More names for the list:

Hotshot

SpeedyLlama

BonkoTheSane

AlbertSchweitzer

Adumb (he´s active even today!)

Jonny (him too, but banned atm, lol)

Edited by Mr Burns

I was around and I did do editing back then but nothing widely distributed.

STGN

The ones i remember the most from my early OFP years :

The Avon Lady ... the OFP FAQ, that brillant OFP FAQ

Pappy Boyington ... his thread about customising his config that ended into his full replacement mod is what started me into customising my own, that started me into modding

Kegetys ... i even remember his nickname as far as when i played the original OFP demo with lots of people trying to hex edit things and make missions for it

Ebud SelectThis & all the BAS guys ... all those fantastic addons that ended into that amazing Tonal

Suchey&Earl ... the amazing Marine Assault Pack that is still my favorite OFP addon ever.

There are many more, but names escape me

I just got rid of my old mod collection recently. I ran a OFP mod website from about 2002 to 2005, ofp-downloads which later became ofpgamer. I had about 20 CD roms of old mods and missions from the community backed up from the website, I kinda regret trashing them.