Sign in to follow this  
RogerJ

How to create groups on the trigger?

How to create groups on the trigger?

Thanks

Man that's pretty vague, but psuedo code, here's what you need to learn:

Get Position of the Trigger or a marker or put in an absolute position and pass it as a parameter to a sqf that will spawn the group in the trigger's On Act (on activation).

Create an SQF that does something like this (where _this = the position to spawn the group):

_enemyGroup = createGroup east;

_enemyGroup = [_this, east, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfSquad")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

This is an example of spawning an enemy infantry group. If you want some other kind of group, learn how to navigate the configFiles and look at BIS_fnc_spawnGroup. These enemies aren't going to do anything except spawn with default parameters. Read the wiki and look at other people missions to learn what to do with the group if you want them to move somewhere or whatever.

Thanks Jacmac

I use this in arma2

if (!isServer) exitWith {}; for "_i" from 1 to 2 do { grp = [getMarkerPos "ex_infant1", EAST, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "BIS_TK_INS" >> "Infantry" >> "TK_INS_Group")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup; [grp, getMarkerPos "ex_infant1", 50] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol}

What I need sao names, know where to find it?

OPF_F

Infantry = OIA_InfSquad

ArmAir= ?

Mechanized=?

Motorized=?

Armored=?