Sign in to follow this  
farooqaaa

Player command for skipping mission in rotation

#vote playername admin

Once admin

#missions

In what language is the server.cfg written. Is there a command or process that would randomize the class missions?

Don't think so. I think it's pure configuration. If the server keeps running the missions (persistent=1), though, then the current mission in rotation will generally be pretty random, and you can even use the class missions to have the same mission multiple times with different parameters.

But honestly, if you want something better than just playing the server's default mission, you probably want an admin (voted - if few players online, or logged in if many players are online) anyway. If during the busy hours nobody you know and trust is actually playing, why are you running a server in the first place? :)

Well, there are currently 5 missions with 3 versions of each in the bin. When the last player logs off, the server reverts back to the first in line all the time. It would be nice if there is a different rotation order for all that connect. Especially since more missions would be added in future.

Yes, the admin voting is available but can it be initiated by one player? I was under the persistent=1 will keep the same mission playing all the time and as long there is respawn on AI and randomness in setup it should be fine but it will not change any parameters outside the mission environment. Am I correct?