Sign in to follow this  
trent

Arma 2 addons that work with minimum tinkering

I figured people could list Arma 2 mods that whilst buggy, are at least functional and controllable in Arma 3 without having to make a new PBO.

Naturally any vehicle will have to be spawned as Empty due to its dependent Arma 2 crew units not existing. Assume Arma 3 CBA is installed by default.

The B52 addon works in Arma 3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7728

arma3_2013_03_25_00_48_36_79.jpg

arma3_2013_03_25_00_49_27_05.jpg

However as I found with a lot of A2 addons a lot of the "seats" are missing. The B52 only has the gunner seat accessible. Fortunately Arma 3's co-pilot function allows you to take controls. For some reason you have more than enough thrust to fly but you can't make it move an inch on its landing gear. This means you have to spawn an empty B52 at altitude, add the player through "this moveInGunner b52", take the controls and power up the engines before it smashes into the ground.

Did you do arma 2 and oa or just arma 2? I know having only arma 2 installed u won't have the smoke rising from engine problem but if you do you will but have access to the correct names and such

In terms of addons, anything made by the community for A2 or A2OA. In terms of installations, neither. I only copy the addon PBO to A3 alpha's addon folder.