Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Problem on uniforms retexture ?

I don't know if this has been reported again, but trying to retexture using clothing1_co.paa (original texture) it seems impossible to put anything on arm-patch position as is mirroring to the other arm too.

In case I'm not doing something wrong, this is something that BIS has to correct (through Uniform_base UV mapping I believe).

Has anyone else face the same issue btw ?

Aplion

I dont think BIS have to correct this. They created it according to their needs and they feel they dont need to texture both arms, to reduce workload probably. So if you need to texture left and right arm seperately, you need to create your own model.

But with that said, if BIS wanted to correct this, I see no problem whatsoever. Maybe there is another hiddenTexture for the armpatch?

I dont think BIS have to correct this. They created it according to their needs and they feel they dont need to texture both arms, to reduce workload probably. So if you need to texture left and right arm seperately, you need to create your own model.

But with that said, if BIS wanted to correct this, I see no problem whatsoever. Maybe there is another hiddenTexture for the armpatch?

I'm not sure that I've explained the issue correct ... so again ... when you apply a texture by that way, there is also the same texture to the other arm but mirrored.

Back in ArmA II this problem was not existed and for sure its solution is not affecting any workload.

I don't know if there is any other hiddenTexture selection for the armpatch.

In any case you are right, the problem will be solved only "IF" BIS want to do something about it.

btw ... still my question is if anyone else noticed that issue and if there is any possible solution for this.

Thanks

Aplion

I'm not sure that I've explained the issue correct ... so again ... when you apply a texture by that way, there is also the same texture to the other arm but mirrored.

Back in ArmA II this problem was not existed and for sure its solution is not affecting any workload.

I don't know if there is any other hiddenTexture selection for the armpatch.

In any case you are right, the problem will be solved only "IF" BIS want to do something about it.

btw ... still my question is if anyone else noticed that issue and if there is any possible solution for this.

Thanks

Aplion

Hi Apilion,

no there is no fix for this and there will most likely never be one, i know which section you mean and i can imagine what you are trying to do but with the UV-Setup that was put down for the current A3 Alpha units there wont be any workarround for your issue.

If you notice in the original Clothing1_co.paa there is a secondary pouche just like the one that is used, to the upper left corner of the sleeve that is used, but sadly, that areas does not have any UV attachment.

Hi Apilion,

no there is no fix for this and there will most likely never be one, i know which section you mean and i can imagine what you are trying to do but with the UV-Setup that was put down for the current A3 Alpha units there wont be any workarround for your issue.

If you notice in the original Clothing1_co.paa there is a secondary pouche just like the one that is used, to the upper left corner of the sleeve that is used, but sadly, that areas does not have any UV attachment.

So none of the units (current or futured, based on retexture) will be able to use these positions for country flags or any other badges - insignia ... nice :(

Thanks your reply and confirmation mate.

Aplion