Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Populating buildings with objects...without manual placement?

I was thinking the other nite how I used to spend a great deal of time filling buildings with objects to bring them to life when creating missions. Would be nice if there was some sort of tool/template that could determine what type of building type you are tying to fill with objects and then auto fill it with furniture in the appropriate positions. Or on a larger scale fill all of the houses in a town.

Taking it one step further, you could then create two or three variations of the building objects layout.

Certainly way beyond my skillset but perhaps someone knows if its possible.

Would mean a lot less time wasted on trying to bring life to empty buildings and more time making missions.

I know there are scripts which can spawn military bases and airports so it leaves me with faint hope.

What impact would furniture have on system performance? It would be dozens of objects per building so the whole island would probably need thousands of objects I would imagine. If it would be virtually no performance impact then I'd love to see furniture. I'd even offer to help do some of the houses manually for the cause!

well the furniture does exist from Arma2/OA just needs to be imported and I don't mean fill the entire map but just a specific AO for a mission. Was never any impact from adding static objects in Arma2.