Sign in to follow this  
Bahger

Trigger "Activated by"

I know this is a simplistic question, I'm just trying to confirm something: If I have a trigger zone calling for Red to advance when Blue enters, is this "Activated by" Blue because their presence fires the trigger, or is it "Activated by" Red because the trigger cues a Red action? A definition of "Activated by" would be useful, many thanks.

I know this is a simplistic question, I'm just trying to confirm something: If I have a trigger zone calling for Red to advance when Blue enters, is this "Activated by" Blue because their presence fires the trigger, or is it "Activated by" Red because the trigger cues a Red action? A definition of "Activated by" would be useful, many thanks.

This :) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Triggers#Activation

Edited by ProfTournesol

A definition of "Activated by" would be useful, many thanks.

The side of the unit that enters is the "activated by" side.

"Activated by BLUFOR" and the trigger will activate when a unit on side WEST enters the trigger.

"Activated by OPFOR" and the trigger will activate when a unit on side EAST enters the trigger.

Many thanks. So even if a trigger is activated by Red observing Blue's presence in the zone, "Activated by" Blue is still the right option?