Sign in to follow this  
Wraith68

TUT sample map wont run in editor

Hello all, sorry if i'm in the wrong place.

I have followed bushlurker's tutorial to the word (i think) and have combined it with sgt ace's tutorial as suggested.

Everything seem's too go well, i add the command to the command line prompt, click on the oa icon and the game begins to load but then i get this error...

"Addon 'TUT_SampleMap' requires addon Utes'....now before adding the suggested command line to activate my @TUT sample map, utes is definately in the

map list in my editor, so i click ok and the game loads....just, then i get this error when the editor map list comes up...minus utes i might add

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.icon'

So i press continue anyway (stubborn old git that i am) and click sample map and open editor...to my surprise the sample map actually appear's

in the 2d editor with this error across the screen...

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfg\worlds/CAWorld/Grid.offsetX' once again i click continue and go ahead and put a player in the map, then i click preview

and the map reload's ;like it's going to start but then go's back to 2d view and say's...

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.Sounds'

I hasten to add i am new to arma2 mapping so will not be surprised if i made an obvious mistake setting thing's up, it's the bit about Utes that get's me, it's in the list before hand but when i use the sample map it's

like it removes Utes from the editor list, then tell's me "ahh sorry, cant run without Utes" ???

Thank's in advance and i did check for relevant post's before i posted.

a line in the config.cpp you'll gone find as this requiredAddons[] = {"Takistan","ibr_plants","ibr_dtowns","mbg_african_buildings"};

remove Utes and Binarize again and check.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

and i think your config.cpp is a little bit missed up overall. i moved with Bush tut and i got my map and i'll release it today i hope..

this is a config from bush tut again don't play too much in it and he explained what u need to change do it again and i'm sure that it will work ...

#define _ARMA_

//Class config.bin{

class CfgPatches

{

class AfghanValley

{

units[] = {"AfghanValley"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

requiredAddons[] = {"Takistan"};

version = "05/09/2011";

fileName = "AfghanValley.pbo";

author = "Bushlurker";

mail = "terrain@bushlurker.com";

};

};

class CfgWorlds

{

class CAWorld;

class Takistan: CAWorld

{

class Grid;

class DefaultClutter;

};

class AfghanValley: Takistan

{

cutscenes[] = {"AV_Intro1"};

description = "Afghan Valley, Ghor Province.";

worldName = "Bush\AfghanValley\AfghanValley.wrp";

pictureShot = "Bush\AfghanValley\data\av_menu_ca.paa";

startTime = "07:00";

startDate = "05/03/2001";

startWeather = 0.2;

startFog = 0.0;

forecastWeather = 0.6;

forecastFog = 0.0;

centerPosition[] = {2560,2560,500};

seagullPos[] = {2560,2560,500};

longitude = 65;

latitude = -34;

elevationOffset = 2000;

midDetailTexture = "Bush\AfghanValley\data\av_middle_mco.paa";

minTreesInForestSquare = 2;

minRocksInRockSquare = 2;

ilsPosition[] = {1024,1024};

ilsDirection[] = {0.5075,0.08,-0.8616};

ilsTaxiIn[] = {};

ilsTaxiOff[] = {};

drawTaxiway = 0;

class SecondaryAirports {};

class OutsideTerrain

{

satellite = "Bush\AfghanValley\Data\av_satout_co.paa";

enableTerrainSynth = 1;

class Layers

{

class Layer0

{

nopx = "Bush\AfghanValley\Data\av_sand_nopx.paa";

texture = "Bush\AfghanValley\Data\av_sand_co.paa";

};

};

};

class Grid: Grid

{

offsetX = 0;

offsetY = 5120;

class Zoom1

{

zoomMax = 0.15;

format = "XY";

formatX = "000";

formatY = "000";

stepX = 100;

stepY = -100;

};

class Zoom2

{

zoomMax = 0.85;

format = "XY";

formatX = "00";

formatY = "00";

stepX = 1000;

stepY = -1000;

};

class Zoom3

{

zoomMax = 1e+030.0;

format = "XY";

formatX = "0";

formatY = "0";

stepX = 10000;

stepY = -10000;

};

};

class Clutter

{

#include "cfgClutter.hpp"

};

class Names

{

#include "AfghanValley.hpp"

};

};

};

class CfgWorldList

{

class AfghanValley{};

};

class CfgMissions

{

class Cutscenes

{

class AV_Intro1

{

directory = "Bush\AfghanValley\Data\scenes\intro1.AfghanValley";

};

};

};

//SURFACES

#include "cfgSurfaces.hpp"

@Ramazoti

Thankyou very much for your reply, you have got me further then i could manage on my own :bounce3:

But it's not quite right yet i think...

I did as you suggested and my first error changed from needing utes to needing lbr_plants instead, i carried on as before and it loaded in 2d editor but would not let me preview BUT...

when i close the oa editor this time and return to loading screen ie;single player,multiplayer, editor options and so on, in the back ground is a 3d image of my soldier stood on the sample map island

but i am unable to reach him.

So as an experiment i put the command line into my arma2 start up command and i go to editor i can open it, choose sample map from the map list for my editor, go in and i can spawn into the sample

map and everything seem's fine.

So my question now is this, am i in the wrong as i thought i would be able to make island's for operation arrowhead (i have combined arms on steam version) by using the OA editor, or is it that i am supposed

to be using the arma2 editor anyway and the new island will be useable in OA? I hope that's not as confusing for you to understand as it is for me, thank's again for your help.

P.S. At the risk of revealing my total beginner's stupidity now, which exact config.cpp was it i was supposed to be changing exactly and where is it at? sorry

Edited by Wraith68

so i think you're missing with the config too much..

1st you don't need any thing in requiredAddons[] = {"Takistan"}; so it's need to be like this for now requiredAddons[] = {};

don't put any thing i was just giving you an example with my config :)

this is defining which addons the map need so when you run the game is tilling you that this addon is not there. and as you just started with your map just put things directly from ca folder so you don't need any addons now cause every thing is already there..

the PDF with bush tut is perfect and here is again a useful link http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:sgtace_terrain_tutorial

and again this is Bush PDF http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15141

--Answering you questions to make an island you need visitor not arma 2 editor.

-- Every map has it's own config.cpp file and this is like your map :) every single detail is written there and you find it in your P:\yourmapname

just move with the PDF and you'll understand the hole concept.

let me know if you need any thing else :)

Edited by ramazoti

Hi Wraith68!

Welcome to the forums!

OK...

It sounds like you've got a little mixed up - easily done to start with when everything's all new at once...

Let's get your full Combined Operations package running properly first...

I suggest you grab a copy of the excellent Spirited Machine's Arma2 Launcher...

Download and install that.

The first time you run it, it'll ask "do you own Arma2?" - point it to your Arma2.exe - then it'll ask "do you own Operation Arrowhead?" - point it at your Arma2OA.exe

That's it - it'll autodetect all modfolders within your main game install directories, plus there's a popdown menu option where you can easily choose to run Arma2 only, OA only, or both in CO mode - I suggest you just leave that in CO mode all the time - then all assets from both games are always available...

For further useage of the launcher, have a look through that thread - it makes it easy to add modfolders without messing with commandlines...

OK - on to the tutorial problems...

I think you may have become a little confused with this too - you're not really supposed to mix the Sgt Ace & my tutorial sourcefiles together - you're really supposed to do them as two separate tutorials, one after the other...

The reason I don't simply tell people to start with Sgt Aces Tut and then follow it with mine is because it contains some slightly outdated tools setup advice, so my beginners guide basically...

- Tells you how to set up the tools

- Sends you off to do Sgt Aces Tut, starting just after the tools install section

You should then follow Sgt Aces excellent tutorial to the letter - all the way to the end - it's quick and easy once you have a correct tools install, and it provides a real sense of encouragement if you can be standing on a terrain you put together - usually within a couple of hours... :)

Sgt Aces "Tut Samplemap" does indeed rely on "Utes" for the majority of its config settings - it "inherits" them from Utes... that's fine - with a proper launcher in place you'll be launching in CO mode, so Utes will be available, and you'll easily be able to add the "@Tut_Samplemap" modfolder you'll be making so you can test things out...

In Sgt Aces Tutorial there should be no need to edit the config file at all - it's a simple assembly job from the files provided - just follow the instructions carefully and it'll work...

Then - you put Sgt Ace's tutorial and it's files and it's modfolder and everything to one side, and you drop back into my Guide where you left off. It leads you on to a more complex example terrain - a new set of source files and a new set of instructions which will lead you through editing just about every file in the sources ;)

With Sgt Ace's example under your belt and successfully completed you should have few problems tackling a more complex example, and you'll start to understand the basic structure and processes as you go...

My example terrain "inherits" from Takistan - that's fine too - your launcher will ensure it's available since you'll be in proper CO Mode.

Any further problems with my tutorial stuff - post it the thread for it linked above and we'll take it from there!

Have Fun!

B

Hello Bushlurker, yep i did follow the instruction's in your guide. Set up the tools then went to Sgt ace's to try to get the sample map to run in the editor. I did'nt carry on with the guide because i thought if i cant get sgt ace's

tut map to work then there's not much point in trying to get your Afghan map to run. :)

That's when i started getting the problem's i put in the first post...thank's for taking the time to help though much appreciated.

Do you think i need to reinstall the tool's and start from scratch again? or replace my ArmAwork folder that you suggested i copy in your guide,

which i have on my desktop?

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

@Ramazoti

Thankyou very much for your reply, you have got me further then i could manage on my own :bounce3:

But it's not quite right yet i think...

I did as you suggested and my first error changed from needing utes to needing lbr_plants instead, i carried on as before and it loaded in 2d editor but would not let me preview BUT...

when i close the oa editor this time and return to loading screen ie;single player,multiplayer, editor options and so on, in the back ground is a 3d image of my soldier stood on the sample map island

but i am unable to reach him.

This is the stage i am at currently

Edited by Wraith68

I'm having the same problems with the SgtAce TUT_SampleMap. Same errors appear in the log.

I've been able to binarize it once by changing the

requiredAddons[] = {"Utes"}; to-> requiredAddons[] = {""};

and following directions from there...

Opening and previewing it in editor worked but gave this message:

TUT_SampleMap requires addon "

So naturally I tried: requiredAddons[] = {};

This unfortunately made it not work again and gave the same errors in log.

What would be my course of action here? Should I continue the steps in "Bush_GeotypicalTerrains-Beginners_Guide_1stEdition", pretending it worked?? How much more difficult is terrain-making without the Utes inheritment?

Here's my log from the failed binarizings:

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB8 not found

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB11 not found

<world = "p:\tut\tut_samplemap\TUT_SampleMap.wrp">

Cannot open object core\default\default.p3d

Cannot open object core\skyobject\skyobject.p3d

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\tahomab16

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\tahomab16 not found

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.Weather'.

No entry '.Overcast'.

No entry '.Lighting'.

No weather defined in .Overcast

No lighting defined in .Lighting

No entry '.ThunderboltNorm'.

No entry '.model'.

'/' is not a value

Cannot open object

No entry '.soundFar'.

Size: '/' not an array

No entry '.soundNear'.

No entry '.ThunderboltHeavy'.

No entry '.model'.

'/' is not a value

No entry '.soundFar'.

No entry '.soundNear'.

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.midDetailTexture'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.seaTexture'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.Rain'.

No entry '.texture'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.seaMaterial'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.shoreMaterial'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.shoreFoamMaterial'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.shoreWetMaterial'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.terrainMaterial'.

'/' is not a value

Cannot load material file .

Cannot load material file

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.clouds'.

[]: '/' not an array

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.clouds'.

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.clutterGrid'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.clutterDist'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.noDetailDist'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'D:\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/TUT_SampleMap.fullDetailDist'.

'/' is not a value

Cannot open object ca\plants2\clutter\c_autumn_flowers.p3d

Any advice is more than welcome!

All these "cannot load font" errors are a bit of a giveaway, as are "cannot open object core\whatever"

They both indicate a problem with your tools install... It looks very much like either a faulty tools install, or outdated tools....

Please make sure you have the 2.5.1 tools installed - GET THEM HERE

You can reinstall with this package directly over your old tools... I'm guessing that will fix things - or at least, sort those errors and clear up your log a little so we can see if theres any other problems...

PS - please note - there's a specific thread for Sgt Ace's tutorial - it's stickied at the top of this forum section.... it's really useful if you post Sgt Ace Tut issues in there - that way, if they're resolved, the problem and solution is easy to find for other people searching for "Sgt Aces Tutorial problem blah blah"...

Likewise, as and when you make it as far as the rest of my tutorial - there's a thread for that too... it isn't "stickied" currently, but it's usually within the first couple of pages of this section...

Much appreciated if any "Bush Tutorial" questions could be asked in the "Bush Tutorial thread".... ;)

Try the tools reinstall (back up any personal work you have on P:\ first - just to be safe), then go thru the same procedures you've been following with Sgt Ace's Tut, see if it behaves properly this time... And let us know how it goes...!

B

Thank you kindly for the advice. I'll try it and get back to you in the appropriate thread should any problems arise.