Sign in to follow this  
Varkrag

Trigger condition for "hostile action"

Hi, I am looking for a trigger condition for any of the following actions (I can make any of them serve my purposes)

(1) player as an independent wielding any weapon (my prefered option)

(2) player as an independent firing any weapon (my secondary option)

(3) player as an independent injuring any OPFOR (my last resort)

My basic need is this: I want to start as a independent player, friendly to all. Then take offensive action against the OPFOR faction by obtaining weapons from a cache. Being "kill on sight[bluefor]" while carrying a weapon would serve me best, but I'll settle for not being "kill on sight[bluefor]" until I actually take offensive action.

Thank you for any assistance.

trigger repeating

condition

player hasWeapon primaryWeapon player and side player == resistance

on act

player addrating -6000

I'm not sure about and side player == resistance as I don't have any units to test it with, I know civilian works.

also if you don't want to use negative ratting you will need to group the player to the opposite side

on act

red = createGroup OPFOR;[player] join red

Edited by F2k Sel

I'll try that out when I get home. I have a different "on act" in mind, it will trigger the modification to make me bluefor but your condition is hopefully what I was missing.

I ask the following with no condecention:

If you don't mind educating me, what is the "player and side player == resistance" for?

Is there not a simpler script something like "player hasWeapon primaryWeapon true"?

Thank you.

Edited by Varkrag

player hasWeapon primaryWeapon player

will work I thought you only wanted it to trigger if the player was an independent that was what the other bit checked.

primaryWeapon player returns the weapon the player is holding when he picks it up.

so player hasWeapon primaryWeapon player will return true, you don't need to add true to the condition.

player hasWeapon primaryWeapon player

will work I thought you only wanted it to trigger if the player was an independent that was what the other bit checked.

primaryWeapon player returns the weapon the player is holding when he picks it up.

so player hasWeapon primaryWeapon player will return true, you don't need to add true to the condition.

Thank you so very much!