Sign in to follow this  
batto

[Feedback&Suggestions] equipable binocular

Is equipable binocular good idea?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is equipable binocular good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Definetly needs to have ability to look around with naked eye while "equiping" binoculars. Right click to lower you binos would work fine.

It felt so unnatural in arma 2 and I really hope this to be addressed in arma 3. It is just so fundamental character behaviour and functionaly easy to implement in base game.

Maybe some mods like ace could make it work right sure, but this is just too simple and useful feature for that imo.

Probably a bad idea to pull out the binos when under fire, so don't press B.

What about this case: you are observing the battlefield with the binoculars and then you get shot by sniper that is located far away. What would you prefer?

a) Long animation where character stops using the binoculars and grabs the weapon, then runs for cover.

b) Short animation where character stops using the binoculars and runs for cover.

Don't tell me you would take a) ...

Please stop defending the undefendable.

root issue is the way weapon is put away. it's also related to equipping pistol and using binocular. both locks you in place. therefore, to make it less constraining, bis implemented these silly looking mach 3 hand animations. it's an unrealistic and unintuitive mechanism and the only reason is seems to remain is because the devs don't know how or don't want to change it.

this would be as easily solved as introducing a new animation for dropping the weapon to the chest for actions like using the binocular and pistol, and allow for movement since the action is arm/upper body related. but apparently this would be a lot of work and bis would rather just stick with the ancient animation philosophy from ofp....at least this is their position for the time being.

What about this case: you are observing the battlefield with the binoculars and then you get shot by sniper that is located far away. What would you prefer?

a) Long animation where character stops using the binoculars and grabs the weapon, then runs for cover.

b) Short animation where character stops using the binoculars and runs for cover.

Don't tell me you would take a) ...

Please stop defending the undefendable.

Where did I say there should be a long animation and that it should switch to weapon? I said RMB or the lower weapon key should lower the binos so that you could see to move, precisely NOT that you should have to press B to switch to your weapon to be able to see to move :rolleyes:

Where did I say there should be a long animation and that it should switch to weapon? I said RMB or the lower weapon key should lower the binos so that you could see to move, precisely NOT that you should have to press B to switch to your weapon to be able to see to move :rolleyes:

So, what you want is just the same thing but operate the other way around where press B you automatically look into the binoculars, but can still be put down when in danger?

So, what you want is just the same thing but operate the other way around where press B you automatically look into the binoculars, but can still be put down when in danger?

That's indeed what I've been saying.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151058-Feedback-amp-Suggestions-equipable-binocular&p=2348868&viewfull=1#post2348868

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151058-Feedback-amp-Suggestions-equipable-binocular&p=2351174&viewfull=1#post2351174