Sign in to follow this  
KingScuba

Triple Monitor + Arma 3, A few issues

Hello, I just figured I'd do a quick little post and maybe someone will have a few ideas for me.

For starters, here's my basic specs

i7 3930k OC to 4.4 ghz

2 x GTX 690s, minor oc, set into sli

3x Samsung 23" LCD monitors, nvidia set to surround 5760 x 1080

16 gb of ram

When I logged into arma 3, I was autoset to ultra, and proceeded to turn the silly vsync off. I'm running 30 fps without going into any tweaks on ultra 3 screen.. I'm guessing arma isn't using my cpus like it should atm, since my gpus are only going to 30% max use. Unlike most every other game available, The preset FOV, menus, and general resolution for my native 5760 x 1080 is PERFECT. I was blown away since in arma 2 you can't have surround enabled to play it. Arma 3 is perfect in this aspect so far.

Thanks to the Aspect ratios, Resolutions, and such, I'm easily able to switch from 1 screen to 3 screen (took me a few seconds to realize I had to switch from custom to 16:9 to do that :P)

One thing though, Is that all my windows are glitching hard. From the rear view mirrors to the gun windows, it flickers hardcore for me. I tried switching to 16:9 and 1920 x 1080 (window, fullscreen window, and fullscreen) and it still does it to me. I noted on fullscreen window that It ends up being just lag, and no screen tear stuff.

Edited by KingScuba

the flicker on all things PiP is a multigpu issue.

I was blown away since in arma 2 you can't have surround enabled to play it. Arma 3 is perfect in this aspect so far.

You must have been doing something wrong, Arma 2 with 2 x GTX680s via 3 24" monitors @ 3860x1920 had perfect menus same as Arma 3 no difference between the two.

You must have been doing something wrong, Arma 2 with 2 x GTX680s via 3 24" monitors @ 3860x1920 had perfect menus same as Arma 3 no difference between the two.

While it works in A2, you still had to set your custom aspect ratio, because the one in the game for triple-head is not 48:9.

my arma 2 wouldn't go past black screen when I tried multi monitors.

And I tried to disable sli to see if it fixed the mirrors and such, but it didn't. still flickerin.

Well you can't disable SLI in surround, since it needs it enabled in order to render the spanned image.

Not sure why your mirrors are still flickering in SLI, for me it goes away when I have it off. Here's a vid I had made to show the issue in the bugtracker.

As it is an alpha ... I'm sure this will be sorted out in time.

Is there yet a fix for this? I am on the Latest DEV beta and anything that is a mirror, in car entertainment system, MRAD Gun screen, or UAV mini screen flickers non stop still.