Sign in to follow this  
wolffe

Dynamic spawning & reinforcements

hello

I know very little on how to construct scripts & commands from scratch.

I'm using the Urban Patrol Script.

Basically what I am doing is creating a mission for me and my friends to attack a town from a base. I already have a full ammo crate, player respawning & vehicle respawning set up. I also have a cleanup script that deletes dead bodies & vehicles every 90 seconds to reduce lag and improve performance.

What I basically want to do is:

-Spawn a few enemy squads when we enter a trigger

-Have these spawned squads execute the Urban Patrol Script in their Init fields

-Once these forces are defeated or get to a low number, a couple of KA-50 Blacks spawn with Squads in them, who also execute the Urban Patrol Script. These helicopters will be "reinforcements" and fly to the town, unload troops, then fly away out of sight and delete itself (to again save on performance/lag).

any help would be appreciated. The goal is to be able to take the town, then repel X waves of reinforcements all using dynamic spawning so the framerates are good. as it stands now all of the AI start spawned, which is terribly inefficient. I hate inefficiency.

Hopefully someone can help with this one.

I've been playing about with these modules and have got both the AI respawn and the dynamic patrol working. However what I want to do is this. Have a dynamic patrol set and running, say 2 guys patrolling around a building. When they get attacked/killed it fires the AI respawn module to create a opfor patrol to reinforce the attacked patrol.

I know I should be able to trigger this by setting the AI Spawn module's condition from False to True, but what is the actual code to activate this by a trigger and where would you put it?

I need help with this too.

The usual way of syncing a module to a trigger like you would with the "task" modules isn't working for me. Either the spawn happens at mission start or not at all.

I've also tried putting triggerActivated trigger1 in the "condition of presence" line (with "trigger1" being the name of the trigger I was using), but no luck.