Sign in to follow this  
bauerhousebourne

moving spawnlocation and trigger issues

Hi!

I have got a few things that I need some help to solve.

I am making a mission were the players are advancing through the island. I have been trying to figure out how to move the respawn area ("respawn_west" marker) whenever the players steps into a checkpoint ( trigger with condition: (west countside thislist) > 1 ) but can't make it work. I would also like the respawn to move forward only for those who have entered the checkpoint and activated the trigger themselves.

Secondly, is there a way to force players to respawn without gear? I have removed all their equipment from the start but whenever they respawn they spawn fully geared.

Thanks in advance! :D

***EDIT***

I got the marker issue working now! I used trigger with On Activation: "respawn_west" setMarkerPos (getPos player);

Still need to solve how to respawn without gear. Any ideas?

Edited by Bauerhousebourne

I got the marker issue working now! I used trigger with On Activation: "respawn_west" setMarkerPos (getPos player);

I'm trying to do the same thing. Where can I read up on how to make this happen? - from the beginning.

Ok, here's what seems to work for me,

1. I made a RESPAWN_WEST marker in one place on the map, and that is my 1st respawn point.

2. Next I made 2 more markers: RESP1 and RESP2 in different places.

3. At RESP1 spot I placed a small trigger activated when BLUEFOR is PRESENT, and with ON ACT: "respawn_west" setMarkerPos getMarkerPos "RESP1"; and I gave it an Alarm and a text effect so I know when it works, just to be certain.

4. At RESP2 spot I done the same thing as with RESP1, but in ON ACT I have: "respawn_west" setMarkerPos getMarkerPos "RESP2";, and an Air Alarm effect and a different text effect, again, just to be certain.

5. I used the grouping tool to group my PLAYER to both triggers separetly, which means I grouped the PLAYER with the first trigger then I grouped the PLAYER with the second.

6. Finally, I made a description.ext file with respawn = "base"; respawndelay = 15; in it.

Checked it on multiplayer (LAN) and if i didn't get to any of the triggers I respawned at the RESPAWN_WEST marker, after that I got to the first trigger, killed myself, resawned at the marker where the first trigger was, then I went for the second trigger, killed myself, respawned at the second marker, went back to the first one, respawned there, and a couple more times like this just to check. Hope it works fine for you.

As for respawning without gear, I would put the whole gear you want your player to start the game with in his INIT field, if you want custom gear at the start, if not you don't have to put anything there apart from this addEventHandler ["Respawn","_this execvm 'my_gear1.sqf'"]; where my_gear1.sqf is a file you need to make in notepad with removeuniform this; removeallweapons this; removevest this; removeheadgear this; in it, and place it in your mission folder. It should work, I'm using it to start and respawn with custom gear for my player and class. Hope it works aswell.