Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Single Player Missions?

I see so many small coop missions coming out for the alpha. That is really great, but what about those of us who do not have a community to play with and thus prefer single player? I know the alpha is still very new, but I am curious to know if anybody has plans for soon releasing a single player mission, preferably dynamic or with lots of replay value.

Thank you.

I just released one. It's not too dynamic and very bare bones but I'll improve it and make more as time goes on. I don't know how to make em MP compatible so up until now SP is all I've made.

Manzilla. Just downloaded you snakes in the grass mission. But when I try to play it I get an error saying

Cannot play/edit this mision it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted; A3_Soft_F_Ifrit.

any ideas? I am running the ARMA3 alpha with no mods.

SD

I've just released my singleplayer diving mission I've made, you will love it if your into the diving/ambush aspect of the game. heres the link to my thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151013-MISSION-Operation-Assault-Island-X-Diving-Mission-by-Tom

Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

I just released one. It's not too dynamic and very bare bones but I'll improve it and make more as time goes on. I don't know how to make em MP compatible so up until now SP is all I've made.

Manzilla I beleive all you need to do is make all the players in your mission ''playable'' instead of ''non-player'' and I beleive that's all to it unless you want re spawns after death.

There is only a few singleplayer mission because Arma 3 doesn't have challenges set up yet, so when having a singleplayer mission you have to host a co-op server on multiplayer and play the map from there.

Manzilla. Just downloaded you snakes in the grass mission. But when I try to play it I get an error saying

Cannot play/edit this mision it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted; A3_Soft_F_Ifrit.

any ideas? I am running the ARMA3 alpha with no mods.

SD

It's cause I'm using the development build. In the first patch or whatever they call it BIS changed the class names of the Ifrits. I mentioned that the development build is needed in the first post.

---------- Post added at 08:02 ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 ----------

Manzilla I beleive all you need to do is make all the players in your mission ''playable'' instead of ''non-player'' and I beleive that's all to it unless you want re spawns after death.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Some things need to be coded for MP. I know nothing about writing scripts.

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

EDIT:

The development branch just posted an update that activates the SP mission folder

It's cause I'm using the development build. In the first patch or whatever they call it BIS changed the class names of the Ifrits.

Ah, OK. I had this problem, too - and with another single-player mission, as well. (And a third just... doesn't show up as an option at all.) Well, I suppose I'll be able to play them eventually, so I'll try to remember to check again later.

Thanks for the explanation!