Sign in to follow this  
fruity_rudy

Vsynch

So i always had vsynch turned on in A2, It was Dx9 game..So now it's different, like with vsynch on, it either locks framrate on 60 , if not possible goes down and locks on 30 ? Is that correct. i never thought about vsynch, always played with it cause i had tearing in A2 if turned off.. Could somebody explain, i'm noob regarding that sorry

all i know about vsynch is: Synchronization with my monitor, which is running on 60Hz. 60fps is way enough for me and i get rid of tearing, but with the new engine it's different i assume

so right now, i look into the sky or a direction where are not so many objects, so i got 60fps, i look somewhere else and it drops down to thirty.. Why is it like that, it makes no sense to me..most of the time i would be between 40-50 fps, for my crappy pc it's ok..But i don#t want tearing( that's why there is vsynch).. i really don#t get that, or maybe i'm stupid

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Pretty sure v-sync corresponds to your monitor, but I could be wrong...in any case, I find it more effective to turn off game's v-sync option and just enable v-sync in the Nvidia control panel, it's a blanket fix that I never have to worry about.

I have the same experience with Arma 3. As Adaptive VSync if disabled on my Nvidia control panel, I assume that they've implemented a similar feature when VSync is turned on in-game. Which is a good thing as it reduces the fluctuation, since the game plays smoothly at such frame-rate.

Vsync caps to your monitor's refresh rate to prevent screen tearing. Reason why it drops below 60fps because your GPU/CPU is unable to maintian it. The main reason why you get more FPS looking int he sky is because very little is getting rendered compared to the ground with both ground and tree or other model textures and other things.

Typically VSync locks your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate. This is most commonly 60Hz/60 FPS, though higher end and 3D displays are 120. Leave it disabled unless you have problems with screen tearing as there are a lot of minor side effects you're better off avoiding. If your FPS ever drops below your monitor's refresh rate then you need to leave VSync off.

You'll see screen tearing mostly when it comes to fast movements such as helicopter rotors, mid blade there will be a 'clip' and the structure won't line up but otherwise you likely won't notice it.

i have to bypass it maybe with 3d overrider or so .. the point is my average frames in A3 are between 35-50 ( 35 while looking at a lot of objects due to my bad pc) , with ingame vsynch it's simply not possible anymore..was just wondering.. i know what vsynch does in general. My prob was simply , i wasn't able to have like 50 fps , either 30 or 60..i'll try to figure it out..

Typically VSync locks your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate. This is most commonly 60Hz/60 FPS, though higher end and 3D displays are 120. Leave it disabled unless you have problems with screen tearing as there are a lot of minor side effects you're better off avoiding. If your FPS ever drops below your monitor's refresh rate then you need to leave VSync off.

i know that..the point was in A2 it was always turned on , i never had more than 50 fps ..but there was no "fps-lock" on 30 , when it was below 60 ..So that's the only difference in A3