Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

bis_fnc_customGPSvideo no longer works?

I tried to add a little GPS video in a mission I am creating, but the (bis_fnc_customGPSvideo) function does no longer seems to work. In arma 2 I can spawn the video without a problem, but in in the alpha nothing happens. 'spawn bis_fnc_playVideo' I tried as well, that still works, though the 'BLACK OUT and BLACK IN' I added results in a complete black screen on top of the video now, without it it's good.

_video = ["gps1.ogv",1] spawn bis_fnc_customGPSvideo;
waitUntil {scriptDone _video}; 

Can anyone confirm that GPSvideo is no longer possible?

Well due to the lack of response I will create a feedback ticket as I assume it simply wont work with the new GPS HUD. Really want this feature back! It was a far better/cooler way to create mission updates with then hint pop ups or standard task updates.

Bootsy

Type the fnc into a players init line, highlight it then press f1. Will tell you the correct parameters tobe used, or nothing will appear if not in game anymore.

Working here vid = ["scene1.ogv",[1]] spawn BIS_fnc_playVideo;

I'm not sure what [1] does but without it I get an error.

Probably size but I tried [0.5,.1,.1] but nothing changes

Edited by F2k Sel

Weird cos it was not working for me when I tried, while it worked fine in A2 missions. It was a direct copy/paste from a mission I made before. I will have a go at it again!

Working here vid = ["scene1.ogv",[1]] spawn BIS_fnc_playVideo;

I'm not sure what [1] does but without it I get an error.

Probably size but I tried [0.5,.1,.1] but nothing changes

This is by the way the PlayVideo you used, I have that working too, its the GPSvideo that has problems

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Bootsy

Type the fnc into a players init line, highlight it then press f1. Will tell you the correct parameters tobe used, or nothing will appear if not in game anymore.

F1 does nothing when I type in the fnc, it also does not give an example while typing it in the init like other commands.

["gps1.ogv",1] is now supposed to be ["gps1.ogv",[1]], but it makes no difference. tried to launch the video from the init, through a trigger. Made sure the units have a GPS on them + forced the GPS on in the description, but nothing.