Sign in to follow this  
Wayan

Enable artillery support on demand

Hi Guys.... *sigh* it's me again....

At least i easily managed to get an artillery suppoert with mortars in my MP mission.

No i have the problem that this support is available all the time.

I want the support to get available with a trigger, is that possible at all?

In my case a helo lands in a designated spot, when his crew crosses a trigger a want the artillery module to be available...

Thanks in advance

Wayan

Is this static location of arty or cursor location? Either way you should be able to create an artillery script and run it with a execVM

There are 2 mortar units placed on the map which the player group can let fire at cursor position.

Now i want to achive that they can't do this the whole mission long, only when they reached a particular spot in the map.

I might be talking complete bs, because I've never tried this. So you have my apology if this doesn't work.

According to arma logic you should be able to place a trigger on the map which reacts to the player entering the area, then synchronize the trigger placed with the support request/provider module.

Sorry, but this is not working :-/

what i tried now:

i unsynched the requester module with the player.

on a trigger i put: supportReq synchronizeObjectsAdd [p1];

but everything i get is "missing ;" and pointing after "supportReq"...

edit: thats a copy and paste error... i forgot an "s" in the synchronize command....

but its still not working, i can't request support, so it seems the requester module is not being synched to the player....

nevermind - i got it -.- was a typo

so if anybody else want to do this:

put the line "SUPPORTREQUESTERNAME synchronizeObjectsAdd [uNITNAME]

in a trigger ;)

Edited by Wayan

I know this thread is kinda old, but it's the closest that I found to a solution to my problem.

I want to enable CAS(heli attack) mid-mission after a certain condition is met, I tried simply syncing the module to the trigger, but that did not work.

So I then tried to sync it to the player with a trigger, and it kinda works. but since I have mortar support available from the start it does not seem to update the sync until after I try to use the mortar.

But if I remove the mortar it works, so I instead tried to desync the requester module and sync it to a new one with both supports, but it was still the same.

Has anyone solved this issue? is there a way to add new support after the mission has started. or change the number of supports available (so I can put CAS at 0 at start and change later).

many thanks!