Sign in to follow this  
pvtdancer

setting up Module sites

Ok I searched the forums and found nothing on creating sites for fast travel.

so this is my goal. After capturing and entering the base it will open up fast travel to that location. I have created the Site and these are my current settings.

Category: Sites

Module: Empty Site

Name: Captured_base1

Initialization: *Blank*

Description: *Blank*

Condition of Presence: True

Placement radius: 0

Faction: none

Type: Sector

Display Name: Captured Base Alpha

Shape: Ellipse

Interactive: Yes With On-Screen Info

Fast Travel: Enabled when visited.

Then this module is synced with my trigger.

Now the point shows up on the map when visited and the fast travel tab on the map shows up as well but there is nothing to select when you select the fast travel tab.

If anyone knows how you use this It would rock if you could give me a tip or some sort of ideas on what I should try next.

Thanks in advance

Edited by PvtDancer

BUMP; Thanks ffur2007slx2_5. Please if anyone has any ideas at all how to get this working correctly I would be greatly appreciated. This right here would make my mission! :D Well it would start making it something. It's rough but getting better and I still have lots of work to do to accomplish what I really want to do.

Edited by PvtDancer

Sorry for the double Bump. If you are also interested in finding out the answer to this please bump it don't just look at it and leave! I'll keep working on figuring this out but I have a feeling I won't be able to do it on my own. if anyone is interested in trying this out tonight PM me and I'll get you my vent info.

I can't figure this module out. No matter what I place Observation, base, checkpoint, fire base, etc no structures show. Does this thing even work properly? I've seen people talk about it like it works but I can't get anything to show. There will be units there but nothing else.

I'm just assuming it doesn't work properly cause the structures may not be in game. Or else I'm just setting it up wrong.

Manzilla, those modules are not to bring in structures but to populate them. Place an Observation Post/Base module over Air Station Mike 26 with a radius of 200 and watch ... :) Also you could have a look at MacScotties video tutorials on this very forum.

AI will take all positions in mlitary buildings all by themself.

Unfortunately that doesn't cover the fast travel feature that this thread was based on. Manzilla I'm thinking at this point that this module is missing a piece we need that is what actually syncs it with the players in question, like how we sync support to players. Mind you that is just an assumption. I'm basing that on the fact that the fast travel tab shows up in the map with briefing's and tasks but when we click on it nothing shows up just like it wasn't properly setup. Of course it may be required to create a teleport script that links to the map but I'm doubting that's all it is.

Also there are some sites that don't work at this point as well like the AA base and a couple others they won't spawn any AI but the other ones work and work well... except fast travel ;) but thanks for trying.

Edited by PvtDancer

Manzilla, those modules are not to bring in structures but to populate them. Place an Observation Post/Base module over Air Station Mike 26 with a radius of 200 and watch ... :) Also you could have a look at MacScotties video tutorials on this very forum.

AI will take all positions in mlitary buildings all by themself.

Damn I missed this reply. Thanks man. I'll check it out. Was wondering what the hell was going on.

I think the modules are being worked on. Ive heard that things were working and our now broken and vice versa. Might have to wait on this for a bit.