Sign in to follow this  
rambofrogger

Graphical Issues

So Arma 3 runs great, I get a steady 50-60 fps with all high settings. My only issue is I'm getting these weird small black boxes flashing everywhere. I should note that this isn't the first time I have seen this. This also happened when I tried to run Deus Ex:HR in DX11(or 10 I can't remember) but it would go away when I would use DX9(or 10, whatever was under the max DX version usable). This also happens in Crysis Warhead. Other games like Far Cry 3, Skyrim, and The Witcher 2 run flawlessly. I have tried reducing all GX setting and maxing them as well and with both settings I get the same results. And yes, my drivers are up to date!

Here is a video of it for your viewing pleasure:

My specs are:

Case - CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower

Processor - Intel i7-2600k(4x 3.40Ghz/8MB L3)

Processor Cooling - Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - Standard 120mm Fan

Memory - 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 6870 - 1GB - HIS Fan Turbo - Core: 920MHz

Motherboard - [sLI] ASUS P8P67 Deluxe -- 2 Gb LAN, 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16

HD - 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s

SSD - 120 GB

Power Supply - 800 Watt -- Standard Brand

Has anyone ever seen this before or encountered it themselves?

Thanks!

Edited by rambofrogger

I would guess you have an issue with your graphic card. Have you checked if it get cooled and the GPU temperature is ok? Does the GPU card fan work?

Yes the fan is working, and I use MSI Afterburner to keep my temps down so they never get above 70 when playing. I should add that this is only happening to the foliage on the ground and the trees.

It looks like an hardware issue. I think you should contact your 3D card customer service and tell them about the situation.