Sign in to follow this  
KnightTemplar

New to Amra 3 scritps

Hi, I am new to the Arma series, i have Arma 2 and Arma 3 Alpha which i think is just great. I have been watching videos on editing, to create your own missions.

I would like to delve more into this modding and scripting but lack experiance, but what i learnt by watching the videos i thought was great.

I hope im making sense basically i created a mission using the Eidtor in Arma 3 placed ammo boxes etc. What i want to do is place the supply box and i want this filled with the wepaons, ammo, back packs etc but i dont know how to do it. At the moment when i place it it's empty.

I know this can be done because i played on a server which had it.

Can you guys point me in the right direction on how to learn scripting and modding for Arma 3, If i made a script for the supply box where would i put the script in the arma 3 folder etc, this is what i lack.

Lastly I hope i have placed this in the right forum, an di hope you guys can help

Thanks for your help

Simon

Hi, I am new to the Arma series, i have Arma 2 and Arma 3 Alpha which i think is just great. I have been watching videos on editing, to create your own missions.

I would like to delve more into this modding and scripting but lack experiance, but what i learnt by watching the videos i thought was great.

I hope im making sense basically i created a mission using the Eidtor in Arma 3 placed ammo boxes etc. What i want to do is place the supply box and i want this filled with the wepaons, ammo, back packs etc but i dont know how to do it. At the moment when i place it it's empty.

I know this can be done because i played on a server which had it.

Can you guys point me in the right direction on how to learn scripting and modding for Arma 3, If i made a script for the supply box where would i put the script in the arma 3 folder etc, this is what i lack.

Lastly I hope i have placed this in the right forum, an di hope you guys can help

Thanks for your help

Simon

If you want to learn ArmA3 scritps.. First you should learn how to spell scripts.. then

you should ask an idiot..

Ask an Amraidiot

And of course this...

ArmA-3-Editor-Tutorials-Building-Simple-Missions

Edited by Beerkan

If you want to learn ArmA3 scritps.. First you should learn how to spell scripts.. then

you should ask an idiot..

Ask an Amraidiot

And of course this...

ArmA-3-Editor-Tutorials-Building-Simple-Missions

Yep thanks for that i guess we all misspell things from time to time, but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Knight check out Mr. Murrays ARMA editing guide, Im not sure if he ever finished the ARMA 2 version.

Cheers guys I checked out jesters videos late last night. And I will check Murray arma editing as well thanks for the replies

Oh my god... guys, I can't believe you forgot to give him the most important link of all:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands

An (almost) complete List of available Scripting Commands. I advise you to read through the commandnames there atleast once, that should give an Idea about what is possible.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149101-Things-you-should-%28probably%29-do-before-posting-a-new-thread-in-this-section

This needs some love.

If you just want to fill crates with all weapons etc look at the bottom of the page, Tonic released a crate filler script for you to play around with.