Sign in to follow this  
CrunchyFrog

Real M2 MG

Hey there.

Can some change the m2 machine to a more realistic MG? Maybe with 1000 rounds in the mag, then it should alot faster. plus better sound cause the sound sucks!

CrunchyFrog

Crunchy a belt or ammo for the Browning M2 .50 cal only comes in links of 200 rds 1000 rds would be un-relastic. Enjoy the game as is and also the rate of fire on these isn't very high either the game depicts it pretty acuratley.

I agree with Frog sorta. A higher rate of fire should be given. The normal rate of fire is alot faster compaired to what it is now. Also it doesnt help in some missions when you have to fire at alot of enemy but it wont fire fast enough. As for how many rounds it has 200 sounds right.

If one salvage a .50cal HMG from a WW2 airplane you get 1000-1100 rpm .. :-) But then again an airplane have alot of fast moving air around them.. that helps or the barrel will bend or melt quite quickly..

The m2 is a heavy machine gun (I think) and heavy machine guns are supposed to shoot slow. Light machine guns like m60s and pks shoot fast.

The last figure i remember was that the WWII .50 cal fired around 750 rounds per minute....but that was the WWII gun....The MG42 was a beast (even though we won't see one in OF until the ww2 mod) bout 1200 rpm! now that's a REAL machine gun! hehe

MG42 is ####-of-a-gun! I remeber mechanism get jammed while still shooting (with quite long ammunition belt still to came). I wasn't very funny to drop and run away from MG shooting on it's own. Going back to OPF - AFAIR M60 is based on german MG42. On the other hand M2 is ubelievable piece of engineering - it will be 100 years old not that far from now.

Andy

M2 50 cal in WW II airplanes was actually a modified M2 called the M85. It was also used in the M60A3 commander's cupola. High rate of fire(700/min) but, at least in the M60, prome to jams.

>I remeber mechanism get jammed while still shooting

Happens on the FN MAG (M240,KSP58) to if you don't clean it as you should or if you didn't change barrel when you were supposed to.. Runaway Gun is the technical term.. :-) But you just grab the belt and twist it.. I suppose it can happen with most modern belt-fed weapons..

The real M2 is usually found with a 100-200 round belt. It fires at roughly 550 rounds per minutes but thats sustained. A more realistic number would be 280-320 a minute without the barrel melting all the way through.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Bergmania on 12:44 am on Nov. 16, 2001

Happens on the FN MAG (M240,KSP58) to if you don't clean it as you should or if you didn't change barrel when you were supposed to.. Runaway Gun is the technical term.. :-) But you just grab the belt and twist it.. I suppose it can happen with most modern belt-fed weapons..  

<span id='postcolor'>

i heard something about this happening to a .50 Barret anti-material rifle. :o the sniper broke his arm and dislocated his shoulder because somehow the gun fired a second shot right after the first.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Bergmania on 12:44 am on Nov. 16, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

This MG42 was digged out from the ground just week before and briefly cleaned (I was 14 or 13 years old this time). We found it in destroyed bunker on some old battlefield in Poland. So I think it was not properly maintained. But I'll remeber twisting belt for future reference wink.gif (even that I'm much older now smile.gif).

AndyZ

AndyZ are you serious about that? You found an old MG42 in the mud somewhere and started shooting it (so I guess you found an ammo belt, too) with only brief cleaning??? :o

Well I guess this is what 14 year old kids do! :biggrin: