Sign in to follow this  
khaki

New Live Feed Module Use

So by the "Live Feed" I mean the satellite view you get at the start of the showcase missions. I see there's some modules named "Live Feed - init, etc etc". Anyone figure out how to use them yet? I've played around..but to no effect.

EDIT:

Well turns out these were two different things...The live feed creates a small monitor on your screen and (as far as I got) follows your character around?

It'd still be nice if somebody was able to shed some light on this, or the intro camera i was talking about earlier.

Edited by Khaki

Well the live feed module is a great addition with arma 3 new PIP capability's. It is now actually possible to build a fully working Mod based on the Land Warrior system. To get this running in arma would be a massive achievement in pushing the whole 2035 future war as Land warrior will be fully operational in deployments by that time. Its only draw back is battery life currently but it will be solved by 2020 with the rapid advancements in nano carbon tube circuitry.

Satellite camera at the begining of showcases or in menu is done with "establishing shot" function. You can find it in the function list in the editor.

I played about with it and i managed to get a monitor appear in my hud and a camera that followed me about.

> = syncronised

I did this by

player > live feed init > live feed set position > another unit