Sign in to follow this  
JojoTheSlayer

Helicopters. What do you guys think of the A3 versions?

For a second I thought I was flying a jet as I was doing barrel rolls to avoid enemy fire.

That thread is kinda old.

Didnt they say they had some issues with the ToH interaction with PhysX and that they where not sure anymore?

Anyway, I would rather I am wrong on the latter though.

Your correct, it's a few months old. It was the information I was going on till I found this much more worrying post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146949-TOH-flight-model-if-when-how&p=2305558&viewfull=1#post2305558

That's why I take the opportunities I can to say TKOH FM is a very very important feature for me in A3.

Edited by striderjg

take on helicopters flight model is THE MOST important feature of arma 3, statements about "hard to implement" are same bullshit as claiming "lack of resources"

The flight model currently feels very arcadish indeed, incredibly forgiving, responsive and shallow. Like it's been stated, it might just be a place-holder untill they implement a better one, hopefully the TOH flight model. If that's the case then it makes sense that they didn't/don't spend much time in the current FM and would explain its lack of, well, everything.

I can't express my opinion yet as the default Xbox 360 buttons mapping is a complete mess and I still have to find out the correct Arma 2-like setting (yes I tried the 'Arma 2' mapping profile). :(

TOH is indeed needed to make ARMA 3 THE GAME it needs be. from like a year ago i remember hearing that TOH would be implemented into ARMA3 for the helicopter physics, etc.