Sign in to follow this  
DaisyCutter

Objective models

I've played the game many times over (I'm guessing as have most of the community). I love the game through and through. Probably one of the most robust mission editors I've ever seen. But one thing I think would add a little meat to mission editing would be new static models. They could be used for objectives and to add more spice to missions. Things like a radio tower, satellite dish, diesel generator, downed plane wrecks (Cessna, C130 or C141?), conexs, etc. etc. I realize Red Hammer is imminent and BIS is more than likely busting their humps, but I figured I'd toss the idea out. Thanks. smile.gif

(PS - Is there a reason why alot of the static objects aren't selectable in the editor now? Not refering to house structures, I'm refering to things like the chainlink fence that was selectable before and etc.)

I would give my pinky finger, Yakuza style, if they would make the static artillery a proper unit, with a guy (pref 2) operating it...with the same power as an BMP Heat shell

Hi,

I have to agree, there should be more, to insert in the map. Maybe 2 Editors, where u can set the surroundings (buildings,Woods, etc.).

Which is a new map. It will be placed in the Mission.pbo like the scripts. Well, yes many stuff is missing. But a nice realistic Knife for Spez and OPS is missing. More fun stabbing lol. I know there is a script out but I mean like in Delta Force, a knife as weapon, all soldiers have it in real life, if they are in special forces.

Well, and mybe we need some Islands with nothing on them, so you can create a smal island like desert, for your own needs, with all the stuff talked about in these threads.

when i was in service , the only times when i used a knife where during the winter night near the camp's fire grilling some marshmallows on it

Yes, I know, in real life. But in some MP games it would be fun killing with knife.

I had mine aswell, only for eating and playing around, cleaning fingernails.

But to think of it would be a way to kill a guard and let him vanish so the alarm doesn´t set of if noticed. Because u shoot and all the A1 are running around like chicken and go to the waypoint search and destroy, so you will have to get away not to be surrounded and killed from the back.

Oh did you notice that the AI are now all seeing again?

U hide in a bush and the AI is behind the bush. He kills you with few shots, well quite anoying.

Heh In the field, I used mine to cut my toenails.

I think melee weapons are kind of pointless in this game. You very very seldom get close enough to the enemy to utilize it and the silenced mp5 does the job from further away. Plus it'd be a big pain in the ass with online play, tons of lag kills and people complaining even more.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from GFX707 on 4:37 pm on Nov. 16, 2001

Bunkers! Fortifications!

<span id='postcolor'>

we can make bunkers our self you showed us that, remember.wink.gif

The firs model i will made after SDK will be out = yep, right. The limo. Long and black. Then i will travel (with personal driver of couse ) all around the malden, before i meet first guy with RPG.

We need more civilian stuff.

That's a yes.

More casual stuff would be great. Like more farming vehicles and a bus to carry more people in a not that suspicious vehicel wink.gif

That's another great idea. More civilian commerical vehicles to accent missions (bus, delivery truck, etc). A few more clothing schemes for the civilians would be a nice addition as well. I guess everyone shops at the same clothing store on Everon and Malden.

"I'm tired of Pavel's hand-me-downs! I know, I'll join the resistance to solve my attire needs!"

smile.gif Heh

But our forts SUCK ASS! The roof in GFX's first fort could be penetrated by pepples, we need REAL intricate CASTLES, well not that big but you know, like D-Day forts, and I would like an Ontos, a tank that had 6 106mm Recoilles Rifles and two .50 Caliber Spotter guns.

I'd really like to see thing like a Microwave tower or a radar dish to set as objectives. #### even a bar with a satallite dish will do.... like Moe's smile.gif