Sign in to follow this  
Supaplex

Extremely low FPS problem

Hi, whenever iam playing the game i have extremely low FPS,

In editor preview i have 8-15 FPS , doesnt matter if i have 200 AI's there or 20, or 0.

Same goes for mulitplayer, doesnt matter if there are 5 players on server or 60.

I have EVERYTHING set to LOW in settings. Not a huge difference when i set to higher or lower tho.

My system specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core 2.31GHz ( ultra low i know, yet still shouldnt be that BAD with fps here )

GPU: GTX N560 Ti 1GB

RAM: 4gb ddr2 kingston

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4

Could really use a help :/

Actually. You do get that bad FPS. Arma 3 is currently poorly optimized and your processor is coming of age. 2.31ghz is incredibly low for arma 3. If I get a very noticable FPS increase from 3.1 ghz to 3.8 on my AMD eight core, and you're running 2.31. Try overclocking, it should help a bit, but your fps will still be poor.

The fist gen phenom quads have quite terrible per-core performance.

I'd recommend turning down viewdistance and object distance down to as low as it will go. As well as model detail. You can keep resoution and antialiasing high, shadows high, the gpu will not be a bottleneck with such a cpu.

Reason why i said it shouldnt be that bad is because, my friend who has dual-core 3GHz runs it on low between 25-30fps;

Why i already have everything on low, viewdistance and objects distance as well..

Recently i found out tho, in that first "mission" we have in alpha, i get around 30-40fps, also somehow i have no idea HOW, i have spawned 20 AIs in editor, 10vs10, went to preview and bam i had around 30FPS without any drops, then i tried to do so in other locations like towns, and i had low fps again. So completely out of sadness i tried to go back to that location where i had 30fps, and somehow this time i again had only abound 9fps... Iam really getting crazy with this, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt :/

- Overclocking isnt really a posibility with this CPU btw, tired that before.. 1. overclocking is locked and i didnt have much luck with bios, and 2. max i could get out of it is 2.7 for it to be STABLE.

I think the use of nvidia profile can help boost your FPS. i was able to go from 30s to 40s using it. here are two images of what i did.

setting1.png

settings2.png

After checking my cpu usage, it does seem only about 50% is used, not more. Which according to what i just saw in that thread and issue, damn i got a problem..

Listen, I have an AMD Phenom 9750 and a GTX 460 SE and I get between 30 and 52 fps in the editor. It seems that whenever some people have trouble with a new game, other people tend to blame older graphics cards and processors. This is simply not always the case and is the reason why I haven't updated my system. Anyways here are my settings:

1920 x 1080 resolution HDR standard PIP standard terrain standard

1600 overall visibility anisotropic high Dynamic lights standard clouds standard

object 800, shadow 75 AA disabled Post processing low(simply because it makes the game ugly to me) shadows high

100 percent rendering resolution PPAA fxaa standard texture high particles high

vsync disabled Atoc disabled objects high

You really don't need new pc components every year to run new games properly. I learned that from wasting money years ago. Basically, my point is "please stop pointing the finger at old hardware every time and then maybe we can find solutions to some of these issues".

You've got a newer CPU, but still; Thx for settings going to try them out, but also there is still this buggy problem where game doesnt use more than 50% of CPU :(

EDIT: Tried your configurations, so far 10vs10 AI is stable 35FPS; 20vs20 stable 20fps; At the moment it seems at least playable now, gonna try multiplayer.

Yet still CPU isnt being used more than 50% on average :/

Yet on the other hand, if changing game settings to higher than they were before should NOT fix the fps problem - I also restarted a computer since yesterday (i heard that helps quite a lot as well sometimes... ;D )

Multiplayer with 11 players - 10-15 fps :/

Edited by Supaplex

There is a sticky thread about low FPS and CPU/GPU utilisation. I don't think we need several threads about the very same topic. Thank you.

-Closed-