Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

[Feedback&Suggestions] Diving and underwater combat

I just hope the Devs take notice of this Thread :)

That would be cool But you have to understand something, people don't really know what to do with the whole underwater thing its new to ArmA and so people are not going underwater so much and adding so much stuff to it will just be a little... Unnecessary. Give it time and the players might come up with Ideas that will make them go underwater but I don't see it happening in the next 3-9 months. Maybe in ArmA 4 when the Underwater thing wont be new anymore.

That would be cool But you have to understand something, people don't really know what to do with the whole underwater thing its new to ArmA and so people are not going underwater so much and adding so much stuff to it will just be a little... Unnecessary. Give it time and the players might come up with Ideas that will make them go underwater but I don't see it happening in the next 3-9 months. Maybe in ArmA 4 when the Underwater thing wont be new anymore.

Arma3 != Arma2

1) Dive compass on WRIST instead of floating in the middle of your screen.

2) Better yet, a Dive Computer on your wrist.

1) Dive compass on WRIST instead of floating in the middle of your screen.

2) Better yet, a Dive Computer on your wrist.

Something like in Metro when you look at how much air you got?

BUMP

So now that movement speed and control got serious attention by the devs I think it is time to remind them that there is another area where movement needs to be improved.

The very static underwater combat gets very boring very fast.

So let me quote my suggested improvements from the first post that would immediately make it more fun and also more realistic.

Why can´t the divers shoot while moving?

The accuracy should be quite bad if you shoot while moving, but you still should be able to do so if you desire. You should also be able to reload.

I think this would make underwater combat more dynamic and interesting.

I actually made a ticket on this matter

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2378

Please take the time to comment/vote

Currently the divers stay in a stance that resembels "standing" while fighting. This is highly unrealistic. A combat diver would try to be a target as small as possible by going into a "prone" position. I actually saw a AI diver do this, so I guess it is possible. It should also be possible for the player. While thinking about it, why would a diver want to go into the "standing" stance? IRL you would only do this if you had to examine something directly in front of you, or if you want to gain height. the diver should remain "prone" even if he stops.

Please guys tell me what you think of it.