Sign in to follow this  
PreacherH

How to switch to DX10 instead of DX11?

I just want to increase the fps i get..because it's HORRIBLE..so is there anyway?

if fps is horrible it's probably not the graphics card, but the cpu. try lowering viewdistance.

in multiplayer fps is always terrible by the way.

there's no way to change directx version, because this game is dx11 only.

I am not aware of a way to switch between DX10 and DX11. Try lowering terrain, shadows and view distance. What are your specs and what is 'horrible'?

Leon, The game is DX10c/DX11.

Edited by frag85

if fps is horrible it's probably not the graphics card, but the cpu. try lowering viewdistance.

in multiplayer fps is always terrible by the way.

No,the game is not DX11 exclusive..if you see the Minimum Req,you'll see the DX10

http://www.arma3.com/buy#requirements

DX10 hardware can still run the dx11 api, just not everything, like hardware tesselation.

vista service pack 2 adds dx11 support, that's why that's also the minimum requirement.

No,the game is not DX11 exclusive..if you see the Minimum Req,you'll see the DX10

http://www.arma3.com/buy#requirements

Because DX11 is backwards compatible with DX10 cards, just the DX11 exclusive features don't work (which, as far as I know, A3 doesn't use).

So even if they did code up a separate DX10 renderer, there would be no magical performance gain. Sorry, but you're going to have to look elsewhere for your performance boost.