Sign in to follow this  
Lantanek

Suggestion: Weapon Modification

Hey there folks,

first of all - I love the ArmA 3 Alpha! I played it for a couple of hours and I am amazed of it.

I like the new inventory system. It is a huge improvement from ArmA 2 Combined Arms.

As we all know in ArmA 2 there was a huge problem with tons of guns in different versions. For instance you wanted an M4 with a silencer and an ACOG scope you had to scroll through a huge list until you found it.

In ArmA 3 its all better with the new modification slots you have. You want a silenced weapon with a red dot scope. You can build it. You want a weapon with an ACOG Scope and IR Laser, you can have it. And you don't have to scroll down a huge list with tons of weapons in different versions.

But what you can't do is modify your lower rail of your weapon. You can't put a forgrip or a bipod under your weapon or a granade launcher. I'll guess it is because you could build for instance a sniper rifle with an granade launcher or a lower shotgun. But here is my suggestion.

Lock specific weapons for some modification options that doesn't make any sense. And give us the ability to choose what we want to put on our lower rail.

The big benefit from this would be just one weapon in your weapons box and not a list of a weapon with a forgrip with a granadlauncher or a bypod and the standard design.

What are your thoughts on this suggestion? Let me know

Last but not least:

Keep up the good work Bohemia Interactive!

Cheerz: Lantanek

jeah but there must be a reason why they make it this way..

2 reasons are crossing my mind immediately:

- animations (reloading/holding)

- the shooting from the launcher

on this point would be interesting why they make it so. until we have example models we can wait only for a word from a DEV.

if the 2nd reason only is right then we could make one Launcher model and one with a bottom rail.

but it the animations are the reason (holding) then theres no solution in my mind instead a hand full of models for the bottom rail.

Edited by SaltatorMortis