Sign in to follow this  
cross888

Convoy Module from VBS

The VBS2 Convoy Module which allowed firing of personal weapons system from cargo or passenger slots in vehicles would that be possible in arma 3.

I mean it would be amazing if you could script that in.

It would be awesome thou if we could use personal gear whilst turned out of tanks or passenger seats of vehicles for example using your bino's in the vehicle to spot for platoon weapons or In direct fire.

I don't think this is the proper place to get this request heard, but I fully support this.

This one feature would add a great deal of gameplay depth to Arma, and I don't see its inclusion being a threat to VBS2 sales. AFAIK, VBS2 is more about tools for scenario design than about particular "gameplay" features.

The ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement Mod has "firing of personal weapons from passenger slots", but no idea how well that ports over to Arma 3.

There's a list somewhere of what A3 will have for features when it's fully released, and I guess those are confirmed. Then there's a list of things that they want to add to A3, and one was passenger-seat firing. I dunno how it'd work in the trucks, but for sure in a boat/little bird.

Sure, it would without doubt be a nice and welcome addition, VSB2 is however developed by another team and they don't really toss ideas between the teams afaik, how unfortunate that might be.

I think a more progressive approach would be to make a convoy in ArmA 3, and report on its result. Posting a reproducible problem is going to be much more useful.

Shoot from Helicopters doors or littlebirds and non armored vehicules, would be an awesome improvement for arma2 gameplay.