Sign in to follow this  
Kerc Kasha

Kegety's Spectating script 1.05 for Arma 3

@Kerc Kasha, this is happening to me:

1 - I've followed all instructions and I installed the script just the same way as the downloaded one.

2 - Now, the script only runs when the player JIP, when he dies nothing happens.

Any clues about that ? Thanks in advance.

Is it a black screen when they die, does it got to the built in spectator? Or seagull mode? I'm guessing when they changed the respawn stuff that something broke I'll look into it. Sorry for not replying earlier the reply notifications still aren't working

Is it a black screen when they die, does it got to the built in spectator? Or seagull mode? I'm guessing when they changed the respawn stuff that something broke I'll look into it. Sorry for not replying earlier the reply notifications still aren't working

In fact, when player dies, he enters only in BIS native spectator mode, but when he enters with the match in progress the Kegety's script runs normally. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

In fact, when player dies, he enters only in BIS native spectator mode, but when he enters with the match in progress the Kegety's script runs normally. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure, I haven't played A3 multi in awhile so I haven't had a chance to see first hand what's been changed. A quick look at the wiki suggests that you may need to change 'onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs' to 'onPlayerkilled.sqf' or 'onPlayerRespawn.sqf'.

Although the change from .sqs to .sqf means you'll also have to remove the very first line.

By the looks of things though I'll need to update this again at the very least to make use of the new respawn template system which should make life easier.

I'm not sure, I haven't played A3 multi in awhile so I haven't had a chance to see first hand what's been changed. A quick look at the wiki suggests that you may need to change 'onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs' to 'onPlayerkilled.sqf' or 'onPlayerRespawn.sqf'.

Although the change from .sqs to .sqf means you'll also have to remove the very first line.

By the looks of things though I'll need to update this again at the very least to make use of the new respawn template system which should make life easier.

Thanks a lot for answering so fast, I'll try out your tips.

Cheers.

Kerc Kasha, the solution is rename the file to "onPlayerRespawn.sqf".

Thanks a lot man. :)

Any easy way to start and stop the script during a mission (by using another script to call functions / set variables)?

Is there an easy way to force the view into 3rd person?

Well, I've spent quite a bit of time trying to make this work they way I want it to, but unfortunately there's too much knowledge that I do not have that is necessary to do it.

If only we had the ACE spectator script ported...

If anyone with the proper knowledge can help improve this script there are many players who would really appreciate it.

Well, I've spent quite a bit of time trying to make this work they way I want it to, but unfortunately there's too much knowledge that I do not have that is necessary to do it.

If only we had the ACE spectator script ported...

If anyone with the proper knowledge can help improve this script there are many players who would really appreciate it.

easiest way to force a 3d person view is to...

to stop and start scripts, call it with execVM command or something like that, and then end it by calling a condition based on a variable such as if (!alive player) exitWith {};