Sign in to follow this  
rogue trdr

Supply Drops And Airstrikes

So I guess until we have aircraft available that can perform these functions they wont work? However if anyone has managed to get it working I'd really appreciate learning how to do it right.

Pretty sure this is not what you've meant, but you can use an AH-8 attack for now via communication.

I did it like this.

1. Place a Unit BLUE for yourself.

2. Place an AH-8 chopper.

3. Go to Modules, select category "Support" and place a module named "Support Requester"

3. Place another module under support, named "Support Requester: CAS (Helicopter Attack)"

Now you need to sync those four placements in line:

Player - Support Requester - Support Requester: CAS (Heli Attack) - AH-8

Call the Chopper from the communication panel. The AH-8 will roam the area you've selected him to "attack" for a while and then return to it's starting position.

-> I guess an actual airstrike will work the same way when the units (bombers and such) are available.

Edited by pappmensch

Yeah that's what I thought would be the case :(

All I really wanted was a supply drop for a scuba insertion mission. I guess in the interim I'll just place crates at the landing site.

I have been testing the supply drop in the Alpha Arma 3. I managed to get the chopper it lands reasonably close and to get ammo you just fill the chopper Initialization script area with ammo.

this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_case_mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_65x39_case_mag_Tracer", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["16Rnd_9x21_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_9x21_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["200Rnd_65x39_cased_Box", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["200Rnd_65x39_cased_Box_Tracer", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["NLAW_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["RPG32_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["RPG32_AA_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareWhite_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareGreen_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareRed_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareYellow_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["UGL_FlareCIR_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareWhite_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareGreen_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareYellow_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_UGL_FlareCIR_F", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["3Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["APERSMine_Range_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["ATMine_Range_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_blue", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_green", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_red", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_yellow", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["DemoCharge_Remote_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["HandGrenade", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["HandGrenade_Stone", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["MiniGrenade", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Mag", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShell", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellBlue", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellGreen", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellOrange", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellPurple", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellRed", 30]; this addMagazineCargo ["SmokeShellYellow", 30]; this addWeaponCargo ["launch_NLAW_F", 20]; this addWeaponCargo ["launch_RPG32_F", 20]; this addItemCargo ["FirstAidKit", 20]; this addBackpackCargo ["B_AssaultPack_rgr_Medic", 10]; this addBackpackCargo ["B_AssaultPack_rgr_Repair", 10];

At least you can grab the ammo from the chopper.

I have had AI chopper pick up a crate but I cant figure script to get it to land or drop the crate yet.

We're you using a logistics script to get the vehicle to pick up the crate? I would love to see what you did there. Don't really see the use of a paradropped crate. Then again no parachute yet. ..

sent from my phone