Sign in to follow this  
rode_orm

Invert y-axis with controller

An option that is sorely needed to properly support controllers is the ability to invert the y-axis. I find myself playing PC games more and more from the couch and hooked up to my big screen TV vs. from a desk with mouse and keyboard. With this setup, mouse/keyboard is not convenient nor is it comfortable, making full controller support essential. I know a lot of PC gamers are migrating to the couch as well, not to mention personal preference that some have for a controller vs mouse/kbd.

Is this planned for Arma 3?

I'd like to see better support for controllers too. I use the X360 and have it set for customizable and map the look directions for the right stick reversed. I don't use the right stick now except for vehicles and maybe just running around, when getting into fights, I use the mouse in my right hand.

As I mentioned in the alpha impressions, I'd also like to see more 360 degree movement instead of 8 ways like it is now, since controllers can do 360 degree motion not like WASD keyboard's 0,45,90,135,180,etc.

i tried the controller today for flying only and I couldn't get it inverted! so either I completely LEARN to not use inverted or help us out and give us an inverted option!

Sorry from my other post, must have been thinking I did it in A3 already, but prob confused with A2. I just looked last night and realized there is no mapping the look function for a controller right stick.

This is important for me for flying and when using the controller by itself.

this is my #1 concern right now. i can play with the mouse/keyboard, but for FPS games i much prefer the controller. but i have to have the look inverted

I have never used a controller in Arma 2 other than for flying, but when playing xbox I also use look inversion.

Have you guys tried manually mapping the sticks? Just map down to up, and up to down. It's not as simple as a tick box but it works.

doesnt work like that Richie... the only options for customization on the controller is the sensitivity of the sticks... i dont think you can manually map different sticks

Oh sorry I didn't realise.

I know you can do it in Arma 2 so assumed it was the same for Arma 3. I'll investigate when home from work.

I use DualShock2 controller and really can't see what the problem here is.. Just remap? Set key and push button on controller. I have remapped all keys manually on my controller.

It was actually DualShock 3.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Options>Controls>Controllers>Customize>unmap

Edited by PravusErus
Controller

I use DualShock2 controller and really can't see what the problem here is.. Just remap? Set key and push button on controller. I have remapped all keys manually on my controller.

It was actually DualShock 3.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Options>Controls>Controllers>Customize>unmap

its quite possible im an idiot. i have a 3rd party controller so maybe thats it, but its recognized and works, i just cant invert the look...

Can you find your controller in "Options>Controls>Controllers" options? If not then it wont most likely support it or you dont have right drivers for it?

no its supported... it shows up, and it WORKS... i just cant invert the Y look

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

i should say- i dont even see a WAY to invert the look... its not like there is a checkbox and it doesnt work, its not even available... its not a controller problem i dont think, i think its probably a feature they havent added yet