Sign in to follow this  
somedood

Automatic mortar fire

Im not too good at making missions so maybe you guys can help me. Im making a scenario of invading a town and I want some mortar fire on the town. Basically what I want to do is have mortars get orders from squad leader (NOT player) or just have an area when random mortars fall.

I'm also interested in how I can get the AI to make use of mortars.

It is pretty much the same as what this person is showing in the YouTube video. Only difference I have found is that all the functions have to be synchronized with each other and the ground units, while pretty much everything for the triggers is the same. Oh and instead of using SecOps function, you are going to use the artillery requester functions and the artillery function at the top (not the virtual artillery).

I dont know about anyone else but for me (who is new at scripting, syncing, triggers - pro with the f1, f2, f4 key tho!) this just went way over my head. I tried doing it but i just got this message "Missing; ". Is there a written tutorial, or a simpler way of just having a bombardment happen without me calling it in?

if you know how to execute a script, then this is a simple script below that will work for you.

#redo

mortar1 doWatch T1

~5

_T1 = _this select 1;

_mortar = _this select 0

_X = getPos T1 select 0;

_Y = getPos T1 select 1;

mortar1 commandArtilleryFire [[_X, _Y, 0], "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 1];

goto"redo";

in the editor, I have a unit named "mortar1" which is the mortar team and a target named "T1".

the T1 can be anything, an object, vehicle,a soldier. it will be targeted. what is interesting about this is, if T1 is a moving target, still mortar1 can target it so long it has ammo.just paste this in a notepad and save it as ".SQS"

Edited by killerwhale